Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 13, 2021 Ice Storm Obs

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Easily the best event to be fringed.

Total dearth of accretion on the trees, which is the prettiest part of this. Think it's just too warm here. 

I mean it's 28 degrees, it should accrete, but the sun angle/UHI this late in February is very real.  Starting to hear some pingers here too, but no real accretion going on.

8 minutes ago, ThePhotoGuy said:

Surprised at the lack of accumulation on the trees so far in Annapolis. Sleety/freeze rain accumulation on cars and wood surfaces but everything else just wet. 

Surprising considering we have accumulation on everything at the far southern end of Anne Arundel. Might just be that we are a little bit colder outside the city, temp has been steady around 29 since 9:00

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EHoffman said:

I mean it's 28 degrees, it should accrete, but the sun angle/UHI this late in February is very real.

Near Downtown DC, it seems to be accretion on some trees, but not on other trees, even in some cases right next to each other. I find this to be unusual. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, diatae said:

Everything is aglaze, lol. Cars are encased. Icicles forming on the edges of the portico. Been in this freezing drizzle for about 2 hours. 26/26 La Plata

I'm so confused. I'm way, way northwest from LaPlata and I'm currently watching what little ice I had on my car windshield melting and sliding off the car. There's literally no ice here.

Just now, osfan24 said:

I'm so confused. I'm way, way northwest from LaPlata and I'm currently watching what little ice I had on my car windshield melting and sliding off the car. There's literally no ice here.

Driveway is wet, steps are icy. Our blue colored van is covered in ice, but the ice has melted off our black Honda Civic. Was hoping for more sleet.

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Driveway is wet, steps are icy. Our blue colored van is covered in ice, but the ice has melted off our black Honda Civic. Was hoping for more sleet.

Yeah I much prefer sleet to freezing rain. I've had a few periods where echoes got heavier and it turned over to a mix of sleet and freezing rain, but been mostly freezing rain. Although, it really just seems like rain. Not upset by it as I'm not a big freezing rain guy, more just perplexed how areas in Southern MD are way icier than here.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic