Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 13, 2021 Ice Storm Obs

WxUSAF

3 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 6Z EURO.  Looks like it moves into DC proper by mid morning and then into north and east suburbs by 1 pm.  Out of here in NE burbs by 8 or so.

78F9CF42-7EE9-46F5-B70B-12631D9AE688.png

C2A7E487-E2B6-4B1D-AF5A-1D0AE160985F.png

If nothing else... after somewhat insane run to run changes prior to our last few events... the euro has been remarkably consistent the past four runs with this event depicting between .38 and .44 qpf as freezing rain.

Light mist.  24F.  Thin coating of glaze.  Sidewalk and patio are skating rinks.

Amazing to see the difference in snow cover.  I've got 4+ snowpack and its just patchy in winchester....bare ground south of there.  I'd be feeling very different about this winter if I still lived in stephens city, or front royal.  As it stands, I've had snow cover since Jan 31.  Haven't seen that personally since 2010, at least.

• Like 1

Light mist.  24F.  Thin coating of glaze.  Sidewalk and patio are skating rinks.
Amazing to see the difference in snow cover.  I've got 4+ snowpack and its just patchy in winchester....bare ground south of there.  I'd be feeling very different about this winter if I still lived in stephens city, or front royal.  As it stands, I've had snow cover since Jan 31.  Haven't seen that personally since 2010, at least.

If you lived in Crozet it would be magical

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic