Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 10-12 event obs

snowfan

1 minute ago, wawarriors4 said:

@NorthArlington101 very similar over here just NW of FXBG.....Snow winding down now, just measured 4.1" total. It's absolutely gorgeous outside!

Hoping we can stay below freezing tomorrow and then get just a litttttle glaze on Saturday. Would be nice to maintain a little snow cover for awhile.

• Like 1

I'll say this about Charlottesville: always snows longer than the radar says it should.

Still going. It's tapered off somewhat but I'd call it more impressive than flurries. Gonna call it 4.25" and that's likely the final measurement, I'll fix it tomorrow morning if spotter reports say I'm totally crazy. Ended up being a great storm.

• Like 5

Glen Allen, which is north and west of Richmond. (Just north of the oft mentioned Short Pump.) 30 degrees. Moderate and steady snow. 4.2 inches. Areas west (Goochland, Louisa) note some 5 inch snowfall areas. Not bad at all, so far! HRRR seemed to be on to something.  

• Like 2

Glen Allen, which is north and west of Richmond. (Just north of the oft mentioned Short Pump.) 30 degrees. Moderate and steady snow. 4.2 inches at 330 AM. Areas west (Goochland, Louisa) note some 5 inch snowfall areas. Not bad at all, so far! HRRR seemed to be on to something.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AceDoc said:

Glen Allen, which is north and west of Richmond. (Just north of the oft mentioned Short Pump.) 30 degrees. Moderate and steady snow. 4.2 inches at 330 AM. Areas west (Goochland, Louisa) note some 5 inch snowfall areas. Not bad at all, so far! HRRR seemed to be on to something.  

Looks like vindication for DT!

I can confirm it’s definitely something like 4-4.5 in Charlottesville. Love how we almost hit warning criteria after LWX decided against it and we busted HIGH for once.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ovechkin said:

Such a cold airmass that DCA got down to 30 last night (forecast of 27) so another high bust on a low. Forecasted high of 31 so it will be close- meaning it already is. (Actually has already been 31 today, but we will count daytime high.)

You could do this nearly everyday for the past ten years if you are using DCA as an example. DCA is the warmest reading in the entire area at least 9/10 times. The city is usually 2-5 degrees colder (at least my weather station in mt pleasant is).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

A surprise 1.5” here- my act of self-sacrifice in the panic room yesterday has already paid dividends to my fellow southern Marylanders. :lol:

Did you ever knooooow that you're my heeeeeeroooooooooooooooooooooooo. 

Measured 1.0" that fell overnight after the trace yesterday. La Plata

Screenshot_20210212-072445_Gallery.jpg

• Like 8

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic