Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 10-12 event obs

snowfan

22 minutes ago, Ji said:

wow i thought you were gold with this one

Naw, last minute trends were actually south a bit with the best lift.  Heavy bands kept training just south of me all night and I was stuck in the subsidence.  Plus...like I pointed out a few days ago this was not the kind of event where my orographics would help.  The wind flow was all wrong to get any upslope assistance.  This was totally dependent on where the moisture feed set up.  What is annoying is that I am only 50 miles north of DC...and this was suppressed SOUTH of me...and it still did DC no good.  Think about that for a second!  

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Naw, last minute trends were actually south a bit with the best lift.  Heavy bands kept training just south of me all night and I was stuck in the subsidence.  Plus...like I pointed out a few days ago this was not the kind of event where my orographics would help.  The wind flow was all wrong to get any upslope assistance.  This was totally dependent on where the moisture feed set up.  What is annoying is that I am only 50 miles north of DC...and this was suppressed SOUTH of me...and it still did DC no good.  Think about that for a second!  

I was waiting to hear how it went up by you. I was noticing that the bands in my area and in Baltimore proper were robbing lift from your area and northern Baltimore county during the height of things. Not a bad snow pack builder though! 

3 minutes ago, jayyy said:

“Wave 2” is dying a slow death on models. Wonder how DT is feeling looking at guidance this AM. He get rid of his 10” in Richmond idea yet :lol:

Actually wave 2 from 12Z on pretty much every model is better in the area he had 10” than it was last night and 6z today. Not  10” and it never was, but 3-5” possibly after going all the way down to 1-2” in that “bullseye”.

• Like 1

Truly amazing how dc gets screwed every time. Funny how sea temps and boundary layers, and columns don’t impact eastern VA. Yeah, I get it, front with little waves, could have set up anywhere, blah blah blah.

can’t wait for the first person to post about how “the radar looks more north than models depicted!”

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic