Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 10-12 event obs

snowfan

22 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Patiently waiting for the chance to post my snow obs in Charlottesville. Seems like the models have converged around some kind of round two down here. My bar is 1”.

It is currently almost the worst possible weather.

33F and raining.

I mean, I suppose it could be pouring. Or we could have significant ZR. Can't wait until frozen precip replaces this. At least it's not torching?!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Fringed up here. Only had 2.8” when I cleared the driveway around 7. Probably got up over 3 with that last band after that. Never got into good rates. Just very very light snow all night. But very happy some south of me cashed in! 

I thought it was close to 4 when I first got up but it wasn't. Measured 3.2 but that was before the last band. I'll make it 3.5 since there were a couple minor coatings this year I didnt record.

Just now, SnowGolfBro said:

Snow in Montclair, but a warm snow. Need wave two to tick North 50 miles today!

its very close...like so close that you might be reporting snow tomorrow and I am reporting nothing.  I fully expect that but still it describes the situation at hand.

It is currently almost the worst possible weather.
33F and raining.
I mean, I suppose it could be pouring. Or we could have significant ZR. Can't wait until frozen precip replaces this. At least it's not torching?!

It is sucky right now, but models have really improved from yesterday, assuming your standards were low. After looking at everything this morning w little closer after my first post I’m tempted to raise my bar to 2” but I’ll hold off. Low expectations is good.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Fringed up here. Only had 2.8” when I cleared the driveway around 7. Probably got up over 3 with that last band after that. Never got into good rates. Just very very light snow all night. But very happy some south of me cashed in! 

wow i thought you were gold with this one

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I know most of ya'll don't care about this panel but this... this'll do.

1613102400-ooVJGVO6c0k.png

Hey man... the HRRR has dc in some light snow tonight for the first time as of the latest run. I’m starting to care a bit more after this latest debacle. 

Just now, chris21 said:

Hey man... the HRRR has dc in some light snow tonight for the first time as of the latest run. I’m starting to care a bit more after this latest debacle. 

I hope the cutout is still there over my house..then I can use that one as my failsaver on my phone

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

I thought it was close to 4 when I first got up but it wasn't. Measured 3.2 but that was before the last band. I'll make it 3.5 since there were a couple minor coatings this year I didnt record.

It looked like a little over half an inch accumulated on my driveway from the last band that came down after I measured and cleared at 7AM so 3.5" is an accurate final total.  

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic