• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 10-12 event obs

snowfan

I-70 seemed to be the literal traintracks the beefy part of the storm followed. Definitely a good amount of yellows on radar right around there last night. Curious what some of the far nothern folks ended up with that had the warning. Seemed like the heaviest ended up just south of them.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You did well. I have about 1.5 of concrete on everything. And I am just a little SE of you. Nice thing is this stuff is going to stick around for a while. And more concrete is coming.

Yeah, my location paid off.  Its amazing the difference between here and in town.  The stephens city peeps probably awoke to bare ground and a few sleet pellets on the wiper blades.

But, darn, I want to see some heavy snow rates.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Yeah, my location paid off.  Its amazing the difference between here and in town.  The stephens city peeps probably awoke to bare ground and a few sleet pellets on the wiper blades.

But, darn, I want to see some heavy snow rates.

Monday/Tuesday looks like ours. 

• Like 3

I think this winter has really highlighted what really has been going on in and around the beltway for a couple of years now. We are simply damn warm. Every season. Pattern doesn’t matter.  Last 2 summers DCA is popping 90-91 when closeby places (even south) are mid 80s. We blow by forcasted highs regularly and bust way high on lows in all seasons. I’m not talking “normal,” just compared to that day’s forecast. I can’t think of a day where we ended up lower than predicted (save for the smoke days last September.)Clear nights with light north winds and DCA stays with a steady temp for hours. But full clouds in December with no sun angle? We pop 5 degrees above predicted. Yes, purely anecdotal, but we are just damn warm.  Tracking, trying to understand boundry layers etc... all fine and dandy. It’s also been pretty irrelevant.  Yes, spoken like a dumb novice I am sure. But that is really the only observation right now. 

Besides for it being 36 at DCA at 9am... whicb is our forcased high for the day. 

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic