• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 10-12 event obs

snowfan

Steady light snow continues to fall here. Quite pretty out and so quiet. 1.5" currently. Maybe I can get to 2",  which would at least get close to the low end of what was forecast. Probably will head out for a hike.

Dastardly combo of a sneaky warm layer and a precip dead zone kind of messed things up here.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Measured 2.8” at 2am and another 0.7” now for a 3.5” total. Kinda surprised I didn’t get more in the early morning given how radar looked. So maybe there was some mix? Very pretty out either way. 31F.

That does seem a little light, I guess we stayed less mixy here in Sykesville 

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

That does seem a little light, I guess we stayed less mixy here in Sykesville 

Just saw a 5.8” spotter report from Sykesville and 4.5” in Elliott City. I think I probably mixed a bit and missed out on a couple hours of accumulation. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Steady light snow continues to fall here. Quite pretty out and so quiet. 1.5" currently. Maybe I can get to 2",  which would at least get close to the low end of what was forecast. Probably will head out for a hike.

Dastardly combo of a sneaky warm layer and a precip dead zone kind of messed things up here.

Last minute morning save here too. Been coming down pretty good for the past hour. At least it looks pretty for a couple hours before it all melts today during is cold spell lol

17 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

So close to what?  It’s snowing at my location. Oh you meant your house.  My bad

Sure man. You guys can have it lol. Watches down that way have been dropped for advisories for slop and 2” max. I’m alright on that. Verified our winter storm warning last night. 

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Just saw a 5.8” spotter report from Sykesville and 4.5” in Elliott City. I think I probably mixed a bit and missed out on a couple hours of accumulation. 

I'm not sure i can say 5.8" here but 5" seems very reasonable. Its a heavy snow so some compaction for sure. It's really pretty out.. like my profile pic :)

9 minutes ago, CAPE said:

0.0 in Easton, good amount of ice though.

14 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm not sure i can say 5.8" here but 5" seems very reasonable. Its a heavy snow so some compaction for sure. It's really pretty out.. like my profile pic :)

I could definitely see guys having 5.8” down by you in sykesville. I think you guys may have gotten similar, if not better banding than I did up here and we hit 6” on the dot. We had absolutely no mixing though and I’m above 650 in elevation 

Looks like this last band is making up for lost time in Annapolis. Woke up around 2 with basically nothing on the ground after hours of rain and sleet, but now looks like we have more snow than last weekend's fail. Will measure shortly.

Congrats Baltimore/Mason Dixon Line folks who cashed in. And sorry DC...again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Y'all can guess what I had last night and what I have this morning.

Congrats to those that got snow. 

A little bit of slush from the early 0.25” of snow from last night has collected on my windshield wipers. That’s what I woke up to.

Then I drove I to the city, where wet flakes were falling. Like Bizarro World!

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic