Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 10-12 event obs

snowfan

Just now, EHoffman said:

It's coming down good here but it's a rain/sleet mix.  But the radar does look good for us getting precip for the next few hours at least, maybe we can cool the column? I'm doubtful

It’s all sleet here in Takoma park.  Who knows,  it’s sleeting north of Winchester but snowing hard just to our north and northeast. 

1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

If it makes you feel better I won’t get an inch from wave 1 or 2.  And apparently it’s pouring rain in Winchester.  You should feel good about your position.  

I’m not sad or upset or anything. Just eager. I conveyed the wrong mood in that post. This is our year down here apparently.

5 minutes ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

It’s all sleet here in Takoma park.  Who knows,  it’s sleeting north of Winchester but snowing hard just to our north and northeast. 

Interesting, you should be warmer than me but it's just rain here...at least I think it is, I'm watching TV until I see some positive column action. 

Hoping the pros turn out right on this one. 

Just now, Skywalker03 said:

32/30 in Derwood at 10pm.  Looks like I am right on the battle line in central MoCo.  I've seen mostly snow, then mostly sleet, then some rain, and now it's back to some mix of snow and sleet.  Should be a fun night.

Good to hear. You're about ten or fifteen miles north of me so hopefully I can get there in a bit too. 

• Like 1

10 pm Obs and travel report 

33.4F with moderate sleet and rain 50/50 combo 

left Baltimire at 9pm with light snow and encountered heavy snow around Savage which became rain between laurel and Beltsville and when got on incline at 95 and beltway it started mixing with sleet and now back at Kemp Mill and sleet and rain, looks like 0.5” snow fell and now all surfaces including road have a coating of sleet 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic