Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 10-12 event obs

snowfan

Just now, mappy said:

lol dude it’s 33 here at my house, I’m fine. 

I am just saying that the last several events have been inhibited by near freezing surface.. the COB output depicts these issues pretty well.  I am sure hunt valley will be fine.  I am in the City so I worry more about these things.  I think that we are all going to be pleasantly surprised with this one.  

1 minute ago, blueberryfaygo said:

I am just saying that the last several events have been inhibited by near freezing surface.. the COB output depicts these issues pretty well.  I am sure hunt valley will be fine.  I am in the City so I worry more about these things.  I think that we are all going to be pleasantly surprised with this one.  

I'm at 37/27 currently in the city.

Really coming down here in Arlington. Just drove from East Falls Church to Roslyn and back to get the kiddo at daycare and minor elevation changes are really noticeable. Mostly rain near the river, with a few flakes, but as you head back up I-66, turns to solid snow by Ballston. Grass and elevated surfaces are starting to cave here.

34/32 - was 41/30 around 4pm.

• Like 1

this is the type of system that caused forecast busts back in the day (speaking in regards to the city/close in burbs).  fringe temps and not a lot of energy with this wave, so combo the temps and the fact that their might be some downsloping/drying effects might be one of the reasons the models have jumped around even until now.

first band moving through now...back to lighter snow.  let's see what the next round does.

5 minutes ago, wolfpackwxDC said:

Really coming down here in Arlington. Just drove from East Falls Church to Roslyn and back to get the kiddo at daycare and minor elevation changes are really noticeable. Mostly rain near the river, with a few flakes, but as you head back up I-66, turns to solid snow by Ballston. Grass and elevated surfaces are starting to cave here.

34/32 - was 41/30 around 4pm.

Same here probably pretty close to you.  Was 42/31 and 34/33. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic