• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 14-16 Winter Storm

Hoosier

So since the urban areas of Chicago already have 10 to 15+ inches on the ground I assume places to put new snow are dwindling 

unlike 1979 there has been little wind so far and roads and cars aren’t drifting shut .. those storms caused political trouble for the mayor because the city was at a standstill for days 

Of course snow removal is better these days but I imagine if they get dumped on the city with LES and decent winds in the 20’s it might get interesting 

I recall places like NYC (or Is it Boston)can’t dump snow into the ocean because of the garbage also collected and they bring in melters 

i assume snow can’t be dumped into the lake either 

Couple things, this is Galveston TX P&C thru tomorrow.  First thing is it is so nice to see what my usual daily winter forecast is copied and pasted 1500 miles to the south lol.  Second, 1-3 inches snow and sleet on Galveston Island?  That's a pretty big deal

Tonight
Rain showers before 2am, then rain showers and sleet between 2am and 5am, then rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet after 5am. Low around 29. Wind chill values between 15 and 25. Windy, with a north wind 20 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Washington's Birthday
Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely before 9am, then a chance of snow showers between 9am and noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Wind chill values between 15 and 20. Windy, with a northwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
  • Like 1

Just now, Jackstraw said:

Couple things, this is Galveston TX P&C thru tomorrow.  First thing is it is so nice to see what my usual daily winter forecast is copied and pasted 1500 miles to the south lol.  Second, 1-3 inches snow and sleet on Galveston Island?  That's a pretty big deal

Tonight
Rain showers before 2am, then rain showers and sleet between 2am and 5am, then rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet after 5am. Low around 29. Wind chill values between 15 and 25. Windy, with a north wind 20 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Washington's Birthday
Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely before 9am, then a chance of snow showers between 9am and noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Wind chill values between 15 and 20. Windy, with a northwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

And back to 66 by the weekend 

Here's a fun one.  I can only get snowfall records back to the early 1930s for Houston, but since that time, Houston and Chicago have never recorded 1" of snow on the same day.  It is very likely to happen tomorrow. 

And beyond not having an inch of snow on the same day... from what I can tell, it is rare/virtually unheard of to see a synoptic storm take this kind of track and bring snow to both cities.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1