Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 14-16 Winter Storm

Hoosier

3 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

The 10"+ coverage looks phenomenal as well... possibly at least 90-95% of the state.

Kinda crazy. Hell, the coverage of 10"+ snow depth at the end of this storm, across the entire region, has to rival some of the great winters of the past. Assuming this verifies and all...

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Another quality post. I am convinced you could get 2 feet only on your property and still find a reason to complain. 

All of the guidance has bumped NW starting overnight. The NAM was throwing more precip NW spreading out the gradient, but it wasn’t an outlier in terms of the evolution. If it had a Madison special, then it’s an outlier. A 20 mile difference in snow is within a reasonable margin of error is in line with other guidance. 

I’ll keep note of your quality posts from here on out, bud. We easily have the least amount of snow in northern Illinois and yes, that’s frustrating. I’d love to get a good storm, but that’s not happening and I don’t need to pretend otherwise to make you happy. Cary routinely makes posts similar to mine yet no one bats an eye (no shade to Cary personally, we get along great). Enjoy your weather without trying to make other people feel like crap. You might not like that I’m not easily aboard the hype train but I don’t like the personal digs you make at me and others. To each their own I guess. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McHenrySnow said:

I’ll keep note of your quality posts from here on out, bud. We easily have the least amount of snow in northern Illinois and yes, that’s frustrating. I’d love to get a good storm, but that’s not happening and I don’t need to pretend otherwise to make you happy. Cary routinely makes posts similar to mine yet no one bats an eye (no shade to Cary personally, we get along great). Enjoy your weather without trying to make other people feel like crap. You might not like that I’m not easily aboard the hype train but I don’t like the personal digs you make at me and others. To each their own I guess. 

You could be Galena.

• Haha 1

At this point are we just rooting for a stronger system to push NW
Stronger storm = NW?
Weaker = SE?
or what are we specifically looking for to root more NW?  

Has a lot to do with what is going on aloft...

How far north and when exactly the wave goes negative tilt has the say in if this ends up NW or SE. in addition to the amount of ridging ahead.

• Thanks 1

This system is fascinating. Pretty rare to see big snows very far west from sfc low track. Upper level low nearby and good moisture feed into massive cold sector really driving a nice spread the wealth snowstorm. Hoping next storm can be more nw than what gfs/euro show currently. Would be awesome to close out this cold snowy pattern with two nearly back to back snowstorms. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, janetjanet998 said:

what is the official snow depth at ORD?

Fridays end of the day climate report had 13

they had an obs yesterday showing 15 (and 1 inch that hour) and they got more after that

This morning climate report for Saturday has them back down to 13?????

the record I believe is 29 back in 1979

with luck with the LES parking over them they may have 22-24 inches going into midweek

I assume the correct current number is higher then 13??

Snow depth as of 6PM will be 15" at ORD. (14.5" actual amount)