Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 14-16 Winter Storm

Hoosier

1 minute ago, Stevo6899 said:

Whats your snow depth? Got the delta app fired up and really close to booking a flight home tonight and staying for the week in hopes of the late week storm producing too. Could be record snow depth. 

About 6” or so. Felt like deep winter this morning shoveling yesterday’s fluff in the cold temps. Snow tomorrow should be pretty fluffy too, so shoveling won’t be super bad. Already at 8.8” for the month (8.3” at DTW), so if this week works out then we’re heading into a top 10 February probably 

2 minutes ago, MIstorm97 said:

About 6” or so. Felt like deep winter this morning shoveling yesterday’s fluff in the cold temps. Snow tomorrow should be pretty fluffy too, so shoveling won’t be super bad. Already at 8.8” for the month (8.3” at DTW), so if this week works out then we’re heading into a top 10 February probably 

Curious how dtx is gonna handle this headline wise, grr too.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Always fun to take the time to post on here along with [mention=1610]purduewx80[/mention] and any other NWS mets that post here and on other subs, and see others saying they'd have no problem defunding the NWS.

I have a huge problem with this. We won't get weather models and a ton of other stuff. This forum would cease to exist and Skywarn as a function would also cease to exist as well. Want to know when the tornado is coming, look up. 

People with their big mouths don't actually understand the cascading effects of such a drastic change. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RCNYILWX said:

You have wiggle room because of the excellent antecedent air mass. Never want to say never in weather but I think your area will be okay. Ohio is more of an issue with east and southward extent.

what are your thoughts for the portage, mi area? GRR has this as a non event pretty much atm.

3 minutes ago, miamarsden8 said:

Welp, I'm getting nervous. This is not how I wanted to wake up at all! Stop trending northwest dammit!

Seriously, I am on the north side of Cincy, but based on these trends I'm glad I called 6-10. I'm not sure we get there.

I thought you were in Macomb, IL.

1 minute ago, miamarsden8 said:

I was, I moved out to Cincy about a year and a half ago to try to get better opportunities. I also get much less fun weather out here...until this year.

I would say overall, I would prefer the climate of Cincy compared to Macomb. Weather probably not as extreme, which is fine for me. I don't care for extreme cold or extreme heat. I do like big snowstorms though.