• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 14-16 Winter Storm

Hoosier

Quite the turn of events in SE MI/NW OH, and much of the sub for that matter.  There's gotta be some talk of Blizzard Conditions in this area.  Combination of more wound up system, high ratio, winds, etc.  Can any METS speak to this, or is my inner weenie speaking?

STAT TIME:
Chicago’s snowiest month on record is January 1918 with 42.5”. If this storm/lake effect pans out, February 2021 is gonna be hot on its heels.

To say that’s a long shot is an understatement.

11.3” on the month so far, and say this storm/lake event put down another 12”. That would make only ~23.2” on the month, which is still ~20” away from that record.

4 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

It’s a bigger deal for them down there.

Yeah but still, this could be a huge deal for parts of the midwest. The biggest snow of the year in some areas. They pretty much always have live coverage in the Northeast when there's more than 5" of snow. I think 7 reporters in one region is overkill. Spread it out a little to cover other regions.

4 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

To say that’s a long shot is an understatement.

11.3” on the month so far, and say this storm/lake event put down another 12”. That would make only ~23.2” on the month, which is still ~20” away from that record.

I thought that 10.8” storm counted for February. My mistake on that.

I think ultimately it shouldn't have been too surprising that this could come back northwest when you have a strong short-wave ejecting out of the southern Plains and already good eastern ridging out ahead. The TPV lobe exiting east quicker and the short-wave coming in even stronger and negatively tilted looks like it's sealing the deal.

• Like 2

Meanwhile my local office :whistle: 

I’d say someone is going to be eating crow here, the NW trend can’t be denied. Not saying we end up with a foot but I certainly believe 5-8” is on the table for the I-69/I-94 corridor given the latest agreement across the board. Will be interesting to see how today’s trends play out.