Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 14-16 Winter Storm

Hoosier

1 minute ago, OhioWX said:

Cautiously optimistic in SW Ohio. The overachiever on the 8-9th and now this just feels too good to be true. Year after year of disappointing winters... I’m not used to being spoiled like this. 

you deserve it ! good luck !

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OhioWX said:

Cautiously optimistic in SW Ohio. The overachiever on the 8-9th and now this just feels too good to be true. Year after year of disappointing winters... I’m not used to being spoiled like this. 

I think this is our jackpot storm. Yes, we are normally lacking in solid snowfall events. It's tough for us to get more than 3-4" at any point. I just hope the end of this week doesn't bring a crippling ice storm. 

• Like 1

If that Euro were to verify I'm looking 3-6". More optimistic than I've been thinking. 

Thankfully there's good support now from all the non-GFS op models. It may not be done trending either. Distinct trend to weaken the confluence from the departing PV lobe due to an earlier escape east and strengthening ridging out ahead of the system.

• Like 1

In addition to the changes with weakening confluence and strengthening eastern ridging, doesn't hurt that the 500 mb shortwave is trending stronger and more neutrally to close to negatively tilted. This also feeds back to the background ridging out ahead of the system, with an additional bump in height rises.

• Like 3

Trends have been great for SE MI. North trends seem to be the theme this year. Snow depth could really be something by Friday if these next 2 produce. Current depth in SE MI ranges from 5-9" however outside of the top fluffy layer from yesterday its a pretty solid depth. Layer upon layer of light snows have settled/compressed so it's like walking in frozen sugary sand. 

From my coworker at LOT on shift today:

"Yeah, this really got interesting. 0.5" QPF contour comes into our CWA now, already chatting with neighbors we'll have to increase totals perhaps by a factor of 2. Also, NBM gives Chicago a foot of LES. If the NBM is doing that, we're in trouble. Could envision having to issue a warning for a good chunk of the area." 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tuanis said:

This one really brings me back to my younger days and trying to descramble Skinimax.

The trend is our friend for Monday’s storm. Keep it coming.

3A9DEB40-FC81-498B-8F2C-E889F7EED33B.jpeg

Trend is our friend. WAGONS NORTH! 

Went from a DAB yesterday to being in a solid advisory event now. 

LES is going to be epic. We will be unmoderated for awhile while Hoosier blacks out in joy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Thankfully there's good support now from all the non-GFS op models. It may not be done trending either. Distinct trend to weaken the confluence from the departing PV lobe due to an earlier escape east and strengthening ridging out ahead of the system.

So your saying my area still has a shot at shoveling?lol

• Like 1