Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 14-16 Winter Storm

Hoosier

5 hours ago, Frog Town said:

Thanks for the insight.  It just really makes you wander which way this is gonna go.  I've fought the NW trend all my life, now i'm fighting the SE trend.  Maybe it's time to move, lol.  

Just live a nomadic lifestyle. Instead of following herds of buffalo you can chase snowstorms. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

I agree with you in going Watch for Cook and dropping to an Advisory later if necessary

Yeah I think a watch could've been justified for Cook, and certainly for Lake/Porter given the earlier onset of the lake band there (really just about 30-36 hours away now), although it is starting to look more like a Cook/Lake IN favored setup and maybe a little less threatening for Porter, but who knows with this type of thing.

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:
Yeah I think a watch could've been justified for Cook, and certainly for Lake/Porter given the earlier onset of the lake band there (really just about 30-36 hours away now), although it is starting to look more like a Cook/Lake IN favored setup and maybe a little less threatening for Porter, but who knows with this type of thing.

Just posted below you, was gonna say since LES inherently is a bit more uncertain, if they're gonna do it, probably not a big deal to wait until tomorrow morning's issuance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Just posted below you, was gonna say since LES inherently is a bit more uncertain, if they're gonna do it, probably not a big deal to wait until tomorrow morning's issuance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think I got spoiled by that early trigger on the late January system.  :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Can I lock in the 21z RAP, oh please.

repeat?

--------

Heavy Lake Effect Snow Event of January 21-22, 2014

Fast Facts

Total snowfalls were: 

7.2" at Midway Airport 3 SW

5.9" at Chicago-O'Hare - this brought the seasonal total to 44.8", tied for 3rd most snow ever in Chicago by 1/21 with 1977-1978.

2.0" at the NWS Forecast Office in Romeoville. 

N GRIFFITH                  24.0 E   230 PM 01/21   41.52N  87.42W

https://www.weather.gov/lot/2014jan22

19 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

repeat?

--------

Heavy Lake Effect Snow Event of January 21-22, 2014

Fast Facts

Total snowfalls were: 

7.2" at Midway Airport 3 SW

5.9" at Chicago-O'Hare - this brought the seasonal total to 44.8", tied for 3rd most snow ever in Chicago by 1/21 with 1977-1978.

2.0" at the NWS Forecast Office in Romeoville. 

N GRIFFITH                  24.0 E   230 PM 01/21   41.52N  87.42W

https://www.weather.gov/lot/2014jan22

Right before I moved here.  I took a quick look at that event the other day and Delta T's were similar.  Not sure how the other parameters compare though.  I know that 2014 event had 4-5" per hour rates around Griffith.  Usually you're gonna need pretty good inversion heights to get rates like that.

1 minute ago, RCNYILWX said:

For those of us on the northwest fringe for the synoptic, the 18z Euro bumped northwest a bit. LE looks decent too. If wanted I can post the WeenieBell Kuchera.

Can we get a last minute shuffle like Jan 4-5 2014?

Yes Please!!  I remember that shift oh so well

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

It's just mind boggling to look at the Euro, and to almost discount 75% of the wester edge.  Some Mets are probably gonna lose some sleep over that.  To be 10-15" on the Euro, and 2-5 on the GFS......Normally I'd be ecstatic 36 hours out.  

The big thing as noted earlier are the ratios... we’re talking 20 to in some cases nearly 30:1 with temps in the lower teens. I believe the EURO (kuchera) is onto this. 

• Like 1