Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 14-16 Winter Storm

Hoosier

21 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

CLE finally issued Winter Storm Watches, but not for NW Ohio. Not exactly I buy that either.

CLE and ILN are really hugging the further east idea that’s the gfs and others had. I understand they consider a lot more than just models but it’s kinda appalling given that the more eastern models aren’t even initializing the high pressure correctly. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WeatherMonger said:

Maybe they coordinated this one with LSX and will issue another coordinated with DVN/LOT?

Literally makes 0 sense. Like the snow continues up into our area with similar amounts. HRRR was the driest with 2-3in but other models had 3-5in+. Glad you're getting in on the action finally. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snohio said:

So they changed their minds over the course of about an hour? Why? 

I have to think once BGM and ALY pulled the trigger on watches, the donut hole was so glaring they felt they had to put out a headline.  Pretty typical of them, being reactive rather than proactive with headlines.

• Like 1

Just now, mimillman said:

Sad I’m gonna miss this one. Downtown IMBY should do well with the lake effect. Has been a phenomenal stretch.

Not bad here in Idaho though. Roads are covered in drifts, ground blizzard conditions, fresh 6” of powder 

Idaho, brings back memories of the evil knievel snake river jump. Those were the days.....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

OT but I am absolutely thrilled to see Steely Dan in this thread no matter the context. 

On the subject of products/headlines, currently sitting in NW Ohio in IWX territory under a WWA. To my south are winter storm watches, to my east is nothing. It has been puzzling to see how this has been handled so far compared to past systems this season. In my honest, non expert opinion, I see no problem going with an advisory vs a watch at this juncture as both have means to be upgraded should track/amounts adjusted. However, having a gap of nothing essentially in the middle of these products is inexcusable. Makes the messaging worse and almost seems like a sign of poor collaboration between offices (which I hate to fling around, but that’s how it seems from the outside). /endrant

This has been a fun one to follow. Looking forward to another 3-6”+ thump from my position. Been awhile since we’ve had a stretch of winter like this.

G

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, geddyweather said:

OT but I am absolutely thrilled to see Steely Dan in this thread no matter the context. 

On the subject of products/headlines, currently sitting in NW Ohio in IWX territory under a WWA. To my south are winter storm watches, to my east is nothing. It has been puzzling to see how this has been handled so far compared to past systems this season. In my honest, non expert opinion, I see no problem going with an advisory vs a watch at this juncture as both have means to be upgraded should track/amounts adjusted. However, having a gap of nothing essentially in the middle of these products is inexcusable. Makes the messaging worse and almost seems like a sign of poor collaboration between offices (which I hate to fling around, but that’s how it seems from the outside). /endrant

This has been a fun one to follow. Looking forward to another 3-6”+ thump from my position. Been awhile since we’ve had a stretch of winter like this.

G

#makeSteelyDanthenewEurythmics

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1