Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 14-16 Winter Storm

Hoosier

7 minutes ago, jbcmh81 said:

March 2008 was such a great, long-duration event. However, it's not exactly been 13 years for all of Central Ohio.  February 5-6, 2010 saw 12"-15" for some areas along and north of I-70, and February 15-16, 2010 hit a foot in a few spots.  Double-digit snowfalls are exceedingly rare in Central Ohio, though.  If we go by single-day totals, there have only been 3 since 1884.  2-day events, you only have 10.  So this event could be historic from that perspective.

Last double digit snow IMBY was Jan 13 2019 when we got 10" in the south Dayton area in one of those elongated events just like the Monday/Tues one this past week.

1 hour ago, fyrfyter said:

It’s been 10 years since we have seen a double digit snowfall. It will likely be another 10 before we see another one. I hope this happens as modeled. I am just happy the last part of winter this season has been this good. 

Cincinnati came really close to double-digits just last week.  I think some of the metro hit that.

Just now, fyrfyter said:

NKY at the airport got to 9.something due to mesoscale banding. I got 5 at my house, in NW Hamilton County.

9.8", which is as close to double digits as you can get.  Most of the heaviest stuff fell just south of the river.  But overall, Cincy has had a good winter.  It's already above average for the entire season I believe.

9 minutes ago, Greenwald said:

GFS v16 kuchera has us in 11 inches, my local news says 1-2 inches. NWS says 2-3 inches.

Lol..

I think gfs parallel  has had over 70 inches in my backyard in the last month and we've probably got maybe 10 so I wouldn't trust it.  Looks like another Detroit duster incoming. Its wild how every decent event has eluded the indy/toledo/dtw corridor.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Still liking the possibility of double digits near the lake in the LOT cwa.  RegionRat may be in a favored spot but really anybody from around downtown Chicago over to Porter county is in the game.

Don't know if this will actually happen but if it were me, I'd go winter storm watch for Lake/Porter with the afternoon package... would be mainly for the northern parts of the counties.  There's more time to decide about what to do with Cook county.