Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/14- 2/16 Winter Storm and Arctic Cold

WestTennWX

14 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I've seen freezing fog here before, just not day after day of it until it brings trees and limbs down. How are you faring?

right, non stop. heavy ice accumulation  just a couple hundred feet up from me. Mountain above me was covered with rime 2 days ago, its still piling up.

• Like 1

Not a lot of impacts here in southern Lincoln County 7 miles above Bama, but here are 3 pix. Let's see if they work. I chopped them down in size. Been a long time since I was on a site that limited total size of all files. Fingers crossed. We are almost out of this mess, the map says. Hope so. (UNDER EDIT: Ooo, I can make them a bit bigger next time. Good to know.)

ice1.jpg

ice2.png

ice3.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I've seen freezing fog here before, just not day after day of it until it brings trees and limbs down. How are you faring?

Good here. Trees still look the same as last night but we are now hovering between 32-33 with heavy rain. All the roads were icy this morning but we got the day off work so I havent went anywhere.

• Like 1

Still just rain here south of Huntsville.  It's really tapered off... Just a drizzle now.  To my west, monte sano and green mountain are holding the ice from coming over into Owens Cross Roads.  That little ridge usually servers to protect this valley... Here's hoping that it continues to protect us from the ice. Temp has gone up slightly from where it was around 1pm.  

Screenshot_20210215-145257_WeatherBug.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like Memphis official total was 5.3in today! I lived there from 1995-2006 and we never had more than 4in out of any one snow storm. Also, I don’t think they’ve had anything like that in Memphis proper since I moved, so that would have to mean that you have to go back at least 26 years to find a snowfall of that magnitude in Memphis!

577C1825-3113-49FE-ACD4-A3849EF29779.png

• Like 6

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic