• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/14- 2/16 Winter Storm and Arctic Cold

WestTennWX

Thunderstorm of freezing rain and sleet in Rankin County, MS earlier. Blowing Freezing rain, sleet and snow looking like a blizzard in Winston County, MS. Everything covered in ice  and sleet. I’m located just East of the 4 on this map in the purple area! Still have power as of now but reports beginning to come in of power outages in the county. 150 head of cattle suffering! 

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, MSSnow said:

Thunderstorm of freezing rain and sleet in Rankin County, MS earlier. Blowing Freezing rain, sleet and snow looking like a blizzard in Winston County, MS. Everything covered in ice  and sleet. I’m located just East of the 4 on this map in the purple area! Still have power as of now but reports beginning to come in of power outages in the county. 150 head of cattle suffering! 

image.png

Wow.  That is madness.  Be sure to post some pics!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Looks like @AMZ8990 is about to get the right front quadrant of the 850 low, lol:

alp5pyE.png

next image is 850 winds and 850 frontogenesis 

QZiNx7N.png

Thanks Holston! I wondered why my sister in Oxford was seeing a dry slot develop, it’s bc the 850 low is moving almost directly overhead. Hopefully they can switch to snow on the backside. It’s been all sleet there so far. About 2in of it too! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LexingtonTNPatriot said:

So for a novice weather follower here, will there be wrap around snow on the back side? If not the forecast for west Tennessee is going to be a big bust for me. 

What kind of precip are you getting currently? Whatever it is looks heavy. Buy only about 2-3 hours left before things end for you

Mixed precipitation near the AL line in Lincoln County now. Forecast has come around to my viewpoint – 1 inch total accumulation possible. We have a mostly rain event now, minor icing, and temp of 31-32, depending on when you look. Small area of possible snow may pass over us. All in all, very happy with the outcome so far.

25 miles south in Huntsville, AL, where TV was screaming it was gonna be a disaster, they got rain. Period.

Next threat here is lows - 13 is forecast tonight.

L@@K at the size of that sucker... all the way out to KANSAS!

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 12.52.40 PM.png

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, monoptn said:

Still all sleet in Clarksville despite what the radar says.   When I was a child, we had snow when it was 36 degrees. Today it is 16 degrees at my house and we've had nothing but sleet.    

Upper levels can just kill you sometimes. I got 3 inches of sleet a few years ago at 22 degrees, that ended with about 3 inches of snow. About 15 miles north of me at 22 degrees they got 15 inches of snow with no mixing issues. It's the same storm that gave Crossville over an inch of ice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AMZ8990 said:

You guys did are doing pretty good then!  It’s been mainly sleet down my way.  

Ended up down SW of you all in NW MS unable to break the warm nose.  We had some of the heaviest sleet I’ve ever seen as the main band came through, temps between 13-15 during that time.  Very little snow on the back end. I thought we didn’t have much until I ventured out for a couple of seconds, appeared to be 2 1/2-3 inches on the roads. 

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic