• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Ice/Snow threat Friday-Sunday

BullCityWx

Northern Guilford at the Rockingham county line has been clobbered. Outages everywhere. I’m at 0.30” and large limbs have fallen.  Roads are fine.

Duke didn’t sound optimistic that power would be restored anytime soon.

Thankfully, I had the propane topped off two weeks ago.  I can go a good bit on the generator.

I will post some shots from Henderson tomorrow (Sunday). They are via drone and from the ground. Quite a bit of tree damage there near thr quarry area. Ice accrual was probably around 0.3 inches or so and it had already been melting by the time I got there.

53 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

Looks like there could be a bit of a round two tonight with up to a tenth of an inch in Northern Durham/Orange/Caswell/Person counties.

My daughter lives in Anniston Alabama. Does she have anything to worry about as far as freezing rain or ice in the next five days or so?

2 hours ago, King of Surl said:

Heavy Ice here in Surl.  SE person county. 

0503F71B-891F-4981-B2D7-6CA436755D79.jpeg

If you look at the woods across the street you can see a good example of a marginal temp ice event with a warm ground.  Almost a straight horizontal line between the iced branches and the no ice branches close to the ground.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Taken by Kendall Clanton. This is I 85 near DeWitt, VA today.  Having driven this stretch many times, it is loaded with Pine Trees on both side of the interstate

148685983_4357120484301504_8809330160481620655_n.jpg

It is THE wors t stretch of interstate ive ever driven. Yes so many pine trees right beside the interstate creates this gauntlet effect!  But i dont wish this ice storm on anyone. Prayers for safety!

15 hours ago, davenc said:

It is THE wors t stretch of interstate ive ever driven. Yes so many pine trees right beside the interstate creates this gauntlet effect!  But i dont wish this ice storm on anyone. Prayers for safety!

Sad part is, when they rebuilt I 85 the last few years and really cut back the trees in NC, VA not as much