Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Ice/Snow threat Friday-Sunday

BullCityWx

6 hours ago, norcarolinian said:

I agree. But to some extent the same could be said about Guilford. In this setup the north and northwest part of the county (Oak Ridge, Stokesdale, Summerfield, Colfax, KGSO, Browns Summit) could approach WSW criteria where the south and southeast part (Julian, Climax, Pleasant Garden, High Point, Forest Oaks) may just be at low end advisory. Of course the city of Greensboro itself will have different conditions south to north.

RAH doesn’t seem to apply the same “large county” rule to Guilford.  Like you said, for this current icing event, it’s likely that the conditions will be night and day different between Pleasant Garden and Oak Ridge, but they just stick to an advisory.  I‘ll give them the benefit of the doubt, but it’s probable that northern Guilford will reach warning criteria.

The drivenc site for all things NC road related showing 2 crashes in W-S and 1 in GSO. 

Also noticed that Wake county has 11 ELEVEN road construction zones while Meck County has..... wait for... oh whatever,,, THREE construction zones.

Whoever says NCDOT isn't partial to the triangle needs to check out the 485 inner loop on a friday from 330-630pm. From Independence to 85 near the airport and the Catawba River. Thats not quite HALF of that 63mile loop... enjoy.. and bring food.

Ok road rant over.

• Thanks 1

Big difference between power and no power for many could be the fact that winds are nearly calm.  The crust is already in place, on everything, here in Kernersville and a quick peek at the security cam in Stuart is a nightmare, but there is no wind.  Any change there and yes, lights out everywhere.  

Lets hope for a calm rise in temps later today.

• Like 1

Just drove from Colfax to UNCG area - roads are fine on Market St but bridges on Bryan BLVD at 68 were a mess. Trees have a nice glaze/crust but not as bad as I expected.  The marginal 3- degree temp has helped.  I think we may see more buildup if the precip stays light rather than mod/heavy.  I checked Dukes website about 5:30 and 15k out of power in the Triad. 
TW