Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Ice/Snow threat Friday-Sunday

BullCityWx

25 minutes ago, mclean02 said:

Agreed ! is there an app or web page that has a really good radar mosaic ? weather.gov used to be great but i really miss the old style before the upgrade of the site last year.. :)

The NWS radar website “upgrade” was disappointing.  They took a functional tool and turned it into something barely useable.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, mclean02 said:

Agreed ! is there an app or web page that has a really good radar mosaic ? weather.gov used to be great but i really miss the old style before the upgrade of the site last year.. :)

College of DuPage is really good i would say!

They have site specific NEXRAD https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?parms=GSP-N0Q-0-24-100-usa-rad

and many different sizes of regional views that also offers full satellite imagery among other display options! https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-NC_VA-comp_radar-48-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tarheelwx said:

I think it has more to do with Wake being such a large county.  The WWA makes sense in the northwest part of the county, but not so much in the southern part.  However, it is fairly uncommon to split a country for winter advisories and warnings.

TW

Same in Mecklenburg.

Very common when it actually snows for S.Meck to see an inch or two, while uptown sees 4, and up in Davidson on LKN they get 6-8" . Iredell is even worse.