Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Ice/Snow threat Friday-Sunday

BullCityWx

1 hour ago, BullCityWx said:

You can write a new book about how you seemingly get more snow than I do in every storm we’ve tracked together over the last 20 years. Not that I’m bitter or anything.

I guess I could but I doubt it would sell.  Everyone already knows that.

2 hours ago, jburns said:

Well damn.  Just as I was about to release my life’s work. “73 Years of Weather, Which Storms I Liked and Which Storms I Hated”

Now what am I supposed to do with 784 pre-prepared posts?

Just to give you an idea of what you missed this was the first snowstorm I went through.  I was only a little over one month old but it was just the first of many.  NYC December, 1947.  I destroyed the posts so as not to be tempted to disrupt the thread. Now, to paraphrase Paul Harvey, you won’t know, the rest of the story.

standard.jpg

• Thanks 1

Mike Thomas, Fox 5 DC:  Have to watch trends closely and this one I do not like. Last 8 runs of the Euro here. You can see the "southern trend" in the snowfall amounts & notice the color fade at the end there with the last few runs less aggressive on totals. Will monitor this trends with overnight models. https://t.co/XbQPH2NZ9g

Well not gonna lie was pretty surprised to wake up to a winter storm watch here for all of southern VA. I just feel like these types of events for one are super hard to nail down or predict and two usually fail epically because we are trying to wedge in 32 or below temps when precip has already started way before the main portion of the system is over us. This could easily be 33 and moderate rain over a long duration or 31 and not really accrue ice. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eyewall said:

So another thread for mid 30's to low 40's and rain. Got it. Any real chance would be next week.

Go outside and play before your complaining in the discussion thread has you on the outside looking in. 

Listen up peeps! Keep the discussion threads on topic and the crap in the designated threads for it.