• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Ice/Snow threat Friday-Sunday

BullCityWx

Jeesh the latest maps show that the title of the thread might need to be changed to add the upstate and ne ga lol. This is the first time I have seen that far south - probably a glitch but will be interesting to see if it continues the trend. I do have a hard time believing we could get the snow on the Saturday then ice the next fri/sat and then whatever ends up next week. 3 in 10 days is impressive for n ga. Side note it’s 65 today lol. 

For those who live in the western piedmont along the NC/VA border, northwest NC, and southwest VA it appears radar coverage is going to be limited for this upcoming event and whatever may take place much of next week. 

EQUIPMENT...
The KFCX radar will be down for an extended period of time
beginning Feb 11th through about Feb 18th for a generator
replacement, and replacement other electrical components
associated the utility to generator powering of the facility.
  • Sad 1

As much as I am a winter fan, Im not rooting for a ZR event.  I dont think we will get one here near RDU but places NE along the VA/NC line will have  way better chance. 

I lived through the Dec 2008 Historic Ice storm in Southern New Hampshire. Thank God we had a generator hooked into our circuit board for our well, refrig, heat and some lights and wifi.  

But the days after were just brutal cold.  This was a view down the road from my house up there in Derry. 

Dec 12 2008 View of tree damage in roads from storm.JPG

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, chapelhillwx said:

Bring the mojo! Now before this thread gets into full swing I hope we can spare everyone the discussion about how much each poster does or doesn't want an ice storm... the weather doesn't care whether you want it or not and honestly neither does the forum

4 hours ago, BullCityWx said:

Amen to that.

Well damn.  Just as I was about to release my life’s work. “73 Years of Weather, Which Storms I Liked and Which Storms I Hated”

Now what am I supposed to do with 784 pre-prepared posts?

• Like 4
  • Haha 11
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, jburns said:

Well damn.  Just as I was about to release my life’s work. “73 Years of Weather, Which Storms I Liked and Which Storms I Hated”

Now what am I supposed to do with 784 pre-prepared posts?

You can write a new book about how you seemingly get more snow than I do in every storm we’ve tracked together over the last 20 years. Not that I’m bitter or anything.

• Haha 3