Tolland                 2.0   445 PM  2/09  Trained Spotter
  Vernon                  2.0   411 PM  2/09  Ham Radio
  Staffordville           1.8   520 PM  2/09  Co-Op Observer
  Ellington               1.5   415 PM  2/09  Ham Radio

...Windham County...
  East Killingly          1.3   512 PM  2/09  NONE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got done shoveling and man its awesome having to only deal with a few inches of light, fluffy snow. Usually those of us on the coast end up with the classic pastejob in feb/march but thankfully not the case today. Give me a few more of these and we'll call it a season haha..gratz to everyone else who ended up with a nice refresher :)

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

Didn't bother to measure, but can't have been much more than a half inch.

ok no problem..it was more than that most likely though before it melted and the zr compacted it along with the solar heating of the feb sun angle. I have spotter in Hamden who came in with 1.2. I had 1.2 as well. So probably around there. I was just curious if you measured...and how it compared. When i checked after noon i had 0.5 so lots of melt after the main batch of snow ended.

2.75".  Lovely.  Everything is Gorgous.  Just drive around , everything right down to how the piles smoothly all to the road, the new snow covering the piles like a blanket.  

Best snow piles in the yard since April 2015.  Looks like a 24" Blizzard just hit.  13" Depth, 18" in at 3 storms.

• Like 2

Just now, TheSnowman said:

2.75".  Lovely.  Everything is Gorgous.  Just drive around , everything right down to how the piles smoothly all to the road, the new snow covering the piles like a blanket.  

Best snow piles in the yard since April 2015.  Looks like a 24" Blizzard just hit.  13" Depth, 18" in at 3 storms.

Sledding hill going yet?

4 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

ok no problem..it was more than that most likely though before it melted and the zr compacted it along with the solar heating of the feb sun angle. I have spotter in Hamden who came in with 1.2. I had 1.2 as well. So probably around there. I was just curious if you measured...and how it compared. When i checked after noon i had 0.5 so lots of melt after the main batch of snow ended.

Cool. Yeah I was out and about in New Haven for most of the day, so didn't have a chance to get home before the melting and zr did their thing. Btw, do you have a sense of what our seasonal average snowfall is just inland? I figure New Haven is somewhere in the upper twenties, so maybe low thirties? Solid season this year, despite the January bust.

• Like 1