Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 9th Snow Obs/Nowcast

The 4 Seasons

3 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Ray you should leave work now if you ever want to see Methuen again jk .........I have not even bothered measuring. I live on the a side street and the road is just wet. The car only has a partial coating. The radar is more "impressive" than the actual snowfall.

Radar looks like shit to me, which is why I asked.

I can't wait to move back south.

2 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Ray you should leave work now if you ever want to see Methuen again jk .........I have not even bothered measuring. I live on the a side street and the road is just wet. The car only has a partial coating. The radar is more "impressive" than the actual snowfall.

That’s one thing about this event that has been puzzling.   It’s only 2/9 and the temperatures have been in the 20s but it took a bit to accumulate in pavement.  No problem now but early on it seemed to be a struggle.

4 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I can not name one major event in the 2.5 yrs that I have lived here, in which the latitude from Wilmington to Methuen benefited me.

Not one...zero....its hurt in several.

• Like 1

Just now, weathafella said:

That’s one thing about this event that has been puzzling.   It’s only 2/9 and the temperatures have been in the 20s but it took a bit to accumulate in pavement.  No problem now but early on it seemed to be a struggle.

The salt they use these days is brutal. It makes light snow impossible to stick during the day with any kind of sun angle and destroys cars in mere weeks . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 2

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I can not name one major event in the 2.5 yrs that I have lived here, in which the latitude from Wilmington to Methuen benefited me.

Not one...zero....its hurt in several.

It's that sloppy 3-6'' on March 26th that the extra latitude can help with.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would say that is more elevation.

This spot is a relative snow-hole.

Yeah, bad example. The latitude helps more with avoiding ML warmth in some of those marginal scenarios. MV is a relatively shitty spot for biggies, I agree.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yes.

I also live on the east side of Methuen. West Methuen especially towards Dracut and Pelham is better for snow and pack retention.  I have lived in the area my entire life. I have noticed that the route 213 exit off of 93 is often a transition zone. There have been many times when I have have seen it snowing/mix at that merge only to have the snow or mix becomes more of a rain/mix the further I drove down 213 east. 

Salem even in the area of the mall is better than the east side of Methuen.  I was in Londonderry, Sandown and Pelham on Saturday to look at homes and it was clear that they had received less snow from the Feb 1 storm than Methuen but those areas are better for the marginal events and pack retention. In our area there are going to be tradeoffs. 

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I also live on the east side of Methuen. West Methuen especially towards Dracut and Pelham is better for snow and pack retention.  I have lived in the area my entire life. I have noticed that the route 213 exit off of 93 is often a transition zone. There have been many times when I have have seen it snowing/mix at that merge only to have the snow or mix becomes more of a rain/mix the further I drove down 213 east. 

Salem even in the area of the mall is better than the east side of Methuen.  I was in Londonderry, Sandown and Pelham on Saturday to look at homes and it was clear that they had received less snow from the Feb 1 storm than Methuen but those areas are better for the marginal events and pack retention. In our area there are going to be tradeoffs. 

Well, I'm trading it back lol