Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OBs and nowcast TUESDAY 2A-6P Feb 9, 2021

wdrag

4 minutes ago, Snowshack said:

Quite a bit of black ice in wading river - guess it drizzled here most of the day and continues to do so now, 29f.   My driveway is a sheet of ice.  

Very icy here.   Had snow then freezing light rain then a light coating of snow on top of that....

• Thanks 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic

CoCoRaHS snowfall for the 9th (final added 1043A), Virtually no qpf occurred just s of I78 in NJ to LI and that nixed the snowfall opportunity from there northward into ne NJ and far southeast NYS - far southern CT (QPF forecast problem that I wouldn't have forecast). Max bullseye snowfall was ne PA into se NYS...well ensembled [3-5"]. Then 1-2" occurred near or just n of I78 in e PA-nw NJ and southern CT. Some spotty icing occurred LI/coastal NJ and especially ne NJ into extreme se NYS and s CT, but limited impact. Saw the overnight ice reports after the storm ended. Thanks for all your observations.  

Screen_Shot_2021-02-10_at_10_35.57_AM.png

• Thanks 1

Short version: Complete non-event here.

Longer version:

It drizzled a little yesterday max t 33.  Also a tiny amount of freezing drizzle later in the afternoon.  It was very light...not a particularly noticeable mist.  Nothing in the bucket.  It's almost fair to say the day was dry.

If only it had been colder we might have seen some fairy dust if looking really closely.  

Most interesting wx of the day was temperature rising from 12.9 at 4am to 33.4 at 10:30am then slowly falling after that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Short version: Complete non-event here.

Longer version:

It drizzled a little yesterday max t 33.  Also a tiny amount of freezing drizzle later in the afternoon.  It was very light...not a particularly noticeable mist.  Nothing in the bucket.  It's almost fair to say the day was dry.

If only it had been colder we might have seen some fairy dust if looking really closely.  

Most interesting wx of the day was temperature rising from 12.9 at 4am to 33.4 at 10:30am then slowly falling after that.

Hopefully we get to see that fairy dust at some point this month, Ed!

It was slippery this morning, I guess we had some freezing drizzle too.