Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 10-12, 2021 Winter Event

MN Transplant

2 minutes ago, Hurricanegiants said:

Think LWX will start canceling the winter weather advisories in some areas? That may be the true kick in the teeth. But seeing them still there when the verbiage is now an inch or less in many areas—just painful. Pull it. On to next week. 

No. They won't cancel advisories. It's still going to snow. 

See you next threat!

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

On the euro but I kinda thought it was off it’s rocker from the beginning. I think the gfs and NAM was always indicating problems with the first wave. But I thought the second would get you as the cold pressed. Ended up pressing too much and squashed it. 

But the euro was the one you worried about.  Too much faith in it.  Loop the GFS trend since monday.  That south trend suddenly stopped.  I'd post the image but I cant upload a gif that size

2 minutes ago, snowfan said:

If the euro is going to bust at this range, then you gotta throw your hands in the air. We’re, what, 7 hours from this starting?

If the effing north trend would stop, some of  us outside of the northern tier would do ok. But I mean, what are these runs going to look like at 18z? My yard is tickled by the 850 0c line for a panel on most guidance now, which probably isn't a disaster- yet- but the indications are strong.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Imo there was no way both waves were going to be legit and hit the same area. With the first wave stronger, (and confluence to our NE not as strong as advertised, esp on the Euro) it goes norther, and in its wake it pulls the boundary further south. Had the lead wave been a weak pos, I think the second one would have probably been good for N and C VA and much of MD, DE.

I respectfully disagree but its moot.  I'll take my cloudy and wait for the next one

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic