Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 10-12, 2021 Winter Event

MN Transplant

3 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

It’s surprising this trended to another white rain/mix event with temps 33-36 in DC.  I guess that’s been the seasonal trend though, there is never any deep cold preceding a storm.  We haven’t had a storm with temps in the 20s the night before in quite some time.  

Something that I've learned/but don't practice enough is that the NAM/3k are very good are finding warm noses throughout the column.  The almost always end up slightly further north than even what they show.  RGEM now shows the warm nose at 12z for us in DC area.

4 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

It’s surprising this trended to another white rain/mix event with temps 33-36 in DC.  I guess that’s been the seasonal trend though, there is never any deep cold preceding a storm.  We haven’t had a storm with temps in the 20s the night before in quite some time.  

It’s frustrating... but hopefully we can catch a break this time... it’s very close and I’ll pretty much take sleet or snow at this point.

2 minutes ago, chris21 said:

It’s frustrating... but hopefully we can catch a break this time... it’s very close and I’ll pretty much take sleet or snow at this point.

Yeah I’ll take whatever, I think we’ll just have to get used to this unfortunately on the coastal plain as our climate rapidly warms.

Was supposed to have a high of 39 today, just went for a run in rock creek and it’s beautiful out lol.  Nice and warm in the sun temp up to 38 already, running in a t-shirt. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

Yeah I’ll take whatever, I think we’ll just have to get used to this unfortunately on the coastal plain as our climate rapidly warms.

Was supposed to have a high of 39 today, just went for a run in rock creek and it’s beautiful out lol.  Nice and warm in the sun temp up to 38 already, running in a t-shirt. 

Lack of cold at any point is ridiculous. Last year, fine everyone east of the Mississippi was warm. This really is just us. We are busting high on forecasted highs and lows daily. At least maybe the rain/white rain tonight and tomorrow will get all the accumulated salt of the streets just in case we get a bit of a surprise for wave 2. That’s the glass half full thought for the day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ovechkin said:

Lack of cold at any point is ridiculous. Last year, fine everyone east of the Mississippi was warm. This really is just us. We are busting high on forecasted highs and lows daily. At least maybe the rain/white rain tonight and tomorrow will get all the accumulated salt of the streets just in case we get a bit of a surprise for wave 2. That’s the glass half full thought for the day. 

Even the 12k NAM is already busting low with temps.  NAM says I should be at 35 and DCA should be at 37.  I'm at 38/39 and it's already around or above 40 at DCA.

38 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Over the last several years DC has a hard time just getting to 32 in general Not many hours below if you add up all the hours below 32 in a given winter season 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic