Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 10-12, 2021 Winter Event

MN Transplant

1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

I'm not feeling as good about this morning.  we could seriously be in the screw zone...which would mean we are in the usual zone.  so actually we are where we should be.  Nevermind I feel a lot better about it now.

I was starting to think about this yesterday. Seeing how we're right on the edge for both waves and knowing our climo, we're gonna get royally screwed. Is what it is tho

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

I’m going with 2-4” for most north of US rt 50. Extend that west thru Virginia. I mean splitting hairs I guess but most places should see at least 2” from this but probably not more then 4 or 5

Did you know that Rt 50 runs west of Maryland through Virginia all the way to West Virginia?

6 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Baltimore just hangs on to snow on the NAM...verbatim its nice cuz its wetter but getting too close for mixing

And seasonal trend for I-95 seems to be the mix line always creeps a bit farther north, and faster, than the models suggest... (And that also includes Philadelphia and New York areas during their storms).

• Like 1

Just now, real said:

And seasonal trend for I-95 seems to be the mix line always creeps a bit farther north, and faster, than the models suggest... (And that also includes Philadelphia and New York areas during their storms).

Yeah but right now it kinda seems on its own with the mixing line that far north..I mean we are only talking 30 miles though so who knows it could be on to something

Really need to focus on the NAM nest over the parent here.     We've seen the parent NAM be too wet in the short range for several events now, and it sure seems that way again.  The nest looks far more reasonable.    The nest also keeps DC and areas along and south of Route 50 as a mix going to rain, and that makes sense to me again (with the parent slightly further south with the rain-snow line).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic