• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 10-12, 2021 Winter Event

MN Transplant

And once again DCA busts ridiculously high on the forecasted low of 29. Hit 34, currently at 35. Will likely be around 40 or so today and then with clouds will struggle to drop. Yes, it’s cold aloft, yes, wet bulbs, yada yada yada.  But Probably still will waste some of whatever QPF falls as (maybe white) rain. 
This was supposed to be a different airmass but something about downtown DC unlike other UHI just simply doesn’t allow it to get cold anymore. Another event where we will likely struggle with temps at least early on in the immediate metro. At least it starts at night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’ll say most of us around Baltimore this time get 2-3” from this one. Maybe a few of us get lucky with 4”. At least we don’t have to worry about rain this time, though I guess surface temps are still a little marginal especially in metro areas. Part 2 generally looking like a dud though. Not the bigger snows it could have been again but maybe we can at least blanket things up with a couple inches and then wait for our ice ice baby Saturday 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I’ll say most of us around Baltimore this time get 2-3” from this one. Maybe a few of us get lucky with 4”. At least we don’t have to worry about rain this time, though I guess surface temps are still a little marginal especially in metro areas. Part 2 generally looking like a dud though. Not the bigger snows it could have been again but maybe we can at least blanket things up with a couple inches and then wait for our ice ice baby Saturday 

It’s weird, but I am slightly more optimistic this AM about it for us. I would put the area-wide range for the balt city crew at 3-6 ( mostly from round 1).

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

It’s weird, but I am slightly more optimistic this AM about it for us. I would put the area-wide range for the balt city crew at 3-6 ( mostly from round 1).

Seems like general consensus for us is like .4 precip if you kind of blend everything. Unusual that we maximize precip to what’s on the ground so that’s why i said 2-3” lol. I’m not complaining really I’m just glad I don’t think rain will be an issue for my area. Just let the snow fall and what can add up will add up, that’s my take on this one

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jerichohill said:

Once again, a disappointing trend right before the storm comes.  I am so tired of this  Was previously in a 6-8 in band, now 3-4

StormTotalSnow.png

thats them breaks. system was looking much better earlier in the week and now is no longer that way. oh well. snow is snow.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic