Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 10-12, 2021 Winter Event

MN Transplant

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

The NAM is annoyingly warm at the surface too, never gets DC below 32 for wave 1.

This is 2 cycles in a row that it has shown this.    Being at night will help overcome it a good deal, but it's weird to see the NAM be the warmest model so far for the event.

Just now, stormtracker said:

It really is quite bad, and I'm the most optimistic, half glass full person here.  I still think it may be doing too much, but the trend south today can't be denied. 

Yeah I agree.  Definitely trending away from anything significant for us.  At least it still *should* snow though and at least *some* of the snow *should* fall at temps resembling an actual winter storm.  Notice all my qualifiers hahaha. 

5 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

NAM almost has the nightmare scenario ! Too far south for wave 1 and too far north for wave 2!

i talked about this fail scenario but didnt really believe it would happen. I cant belive it happened

6 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Personally I’ll take the low position of the second wave. Think it might surprise with a north trend if it turns out like that.

100% guarantee things end up further north than what is being progged on the 18z NAM if the low takes the track depicted. The sharp cutoff will definitely happen somewhere, I just don’t see central MD (between DC and BAL) seeing such little precip. A low that rides into southern VA barely getting precip north of the VA MD border? Seems odd

Just now, jayyy said:

100% guarantee things end up further north than what is being progged on the 18z NAM if the low takes the track depicted. The sharp cutoff will definitely happen somewhere, I just don’t see central MD (between DC and BAL) seeing such little precip. 

Then we are in agreement. This is probably all a waste of time. I put no faith in the NAM

• Like 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic