Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 10-12, 2021 Winter Event

MN Transplant

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

Seriously, at this point can we put any faith in the NAM? Thinking that my thinking is strictly gonna be a blend of the globals. Short range models seem to be going with the shotgun approach

I feel like the NAM is giving us a feeling as to where the globals will adjust during the same suite. Maybe that's confirmation bias or something, but it does feel like the NAM "sets the stage" for adjustments in the suite, even if those adjustments aren't to be taken literally.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

I feel like the NAM is giving us a feeling as to where the globals will adjust during the same suite. Maybe that's confirmation bias or something, but it does feel like the NAM "sets the stage" for adjustments in the suite, even if those adjustments aren't to be taken literally.

Not sure that's true for this one tho.  GFS/Euro definitely haven;'t been following the NAM the last few cycles.  They've gone the other way

Just now, caviman2201 said:

Oh look... It's the last second north tick that's happened all year. This year it seems that if you want the goods, you want to be north fringed at 48-72h

Sure a north tick or 2 is possible but this system is nothing like the others. This can go further south just as likely as bumping north. Set up is entirely different from the storms that came north in the last 24 hours. 

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Not sure that's true for this one tho.  GFS/Euro definitely haven;'t been following the NAM the last few cycles.  They've gone the other way

Perhaps...and I'm always up for my intuitions being proven dumb. I'm curious to see what happens with the 12z globals and how they do or don't line up with 12z NAM shifts.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic