Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 10-12, 2021 Winter Event

MN Transplant

3 minutes ago, Ji said:
5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:
Cmc is light with wave 2 qpf even though it's actually the "stronger" of the 2 waves. I liked the run as much as any of the good ones. 

This is starting to smell like a 6-10 event region wide

Agree. If everything lines up for a good hit with the 12z runs tomorrow I'd say it's a lock. Uncomplicated right? I want to maximize the first slug. I have some vague memories of a modeled 1-2 shot and the first one fizzled and the second didnt work as well as thought. 

• Like 3

UKMET coming in now. We're 3 for 3 so far tonight on globals with the GFS, CMC and ICON all putting down half an inch QPF for most of the subforum with enough cold for good ratios of snow. Can we go 4 for 4, and even 5 for 5 with the Euro tonight? Perhaps of more interest at this stage, how do the mesos look tomorrow? Either way hard not to feel good where we are right now.

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

EURO looks essentially the same when it comes to positioning (maybe slightly more south) as 18z but wetter.

Seems wetter DC south, bit dryer to the north. Overall pretty similar but the gradient between south/north seems a bit stronger in the former's favor. Still no big north adjustments as we close in from the euro.

• Like 1

Seems wetter DC south, bit dryer to the north. Overall pretty similar but the gradient between south/north seems a bit stronger in the former's favor. Still no big north adjustments as we close in from the euro.

Yeah, this ended up being a banner run for DC-south. Very much ended up as psu being fringed.

Kuchera clown maps have CHO at 16”, DC at 14”, Balt at 8”, and PSU-Ville at 5.

My bias is kicking in, but I darn sure hope that’s the outcome.
  • Like 2
  • Weenie 3

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic