• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 10-12, 2021 Winter Event

MN Transplant

Vs 0z, it seems Euro is a bit lighter on the first wave (Wednesday night into early Thursday) and a little juicier on the 2nd wave (late Thursday into early Friday).  But still adds up to a really nice event and I am VERY pleased seeing the maximum 50-75mi south of me right now.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

it comes north but the heavy snow is central VA.  But we get a decent snow from the second wave.  It's a nice storm for the whole area but it's best down in central VA.  BTW kinda reminds me of that one Feb 1996 event that was kinda like that.  

Yeah maybe, good catch.

1 minute ago, baltosquid said:

What would it take to get that precip shield to expand/strengthen? That seems to be what's keeping this from being great everywhere per the Euro - not that it isn't good already.

There's not going to be a large N-S precip shield with this.  It's a weak-ass 1018mb "low" for the first wave and a powerhouse 1010mb for the second, there's just no massive dynamical forcing to generate a big baroclinic leaf or deformation band.  Second, you have very cold/dry arctic air filtering in from the north (which is a very good thing for us), so that's going to eat the precip on the north edge (and yes, models account for that, so no, it's not all virga on the models).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic