Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tuesday Feb 9th Snow

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

So you feel better about Groton than you do Derby? 

not about getting more snow lol, confidence wise...the transition between ranges is where i have the lower confidence if that makes sense. That is to say, its an easier call for Groton (i just picked an area on the extreme shoreline in SE CT)

4 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

not about getting more snow lol, confidence wise...the transition between ranges is where i have the lower confidence if that makes sense. That is to say, its an easier call for Groton (i just picked an area on the extreme shoreline in SE CT)

It’s easy to call Groton mostly.....rain....lol

• Like 1

Just now, ice1972 said:

Glad we don’t live there....

Must be awful to live there except in the rare instance they do great like 12/19/09. I wonder if we have any members from that area or even new london or stonington, if we do we never hear from them. Closest regular poster i think is metagraphic from Salem but hes well inland and NW.

3 hours ago, TheSnowman said:

Why is this thread so Dead?  Showing a 2-5 storm, and no one is throwing around maps?  1 page an hour??  Come ON Guys!  Let's Get Excited!  

What model is giving me 4"+!?  

Dude it was like midnight when you posted this. On a tuesday...... People do work

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Dude it was like midnight when you posted this. On a tuesday...... People do work

I’d also contend that the two back to back storms with multiple chances coming are like that comfy hot chocolate in front of the fireplace that soothes the soul.....we’ve entered the twilight zone....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Dave had raised the idea of whether they'd do that yesterday.

I think it has bust writiten all over it.

Of course you do. Everything sucks always. Glass half empty. All guidance came in more robust for all of SNE overnight. 3-6 just away from CT coast north with 7-9” amounts from far N CT northeast thru S NH. Enjoy the bust !

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Of course you do. Everything sucks always. Glass half empty. All guidance came in more robust for all of SNE overnight. 3-6 just away from CT coast north with 7-9” amounts from far N CT northeast thru S NH. Enjoy the bust !

Ya even if qpf isn't robust ratios look pretty good.. Most snow maps are based on 10 to 1. Think we can do 15 to 1 for northern ct into southern NH...  Also some probably aren't posting much since we just had a storm with many more to come by the looks of it..

8 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Ya even if qpf isn't robust ratios look pretty good.. Most snow maps are based on 10 to 1. Think we can do 15 to 1 for northern ct into southern NH...  Also some probably aren't posting much since we just had a storm with many more to come by the looks of it..

Gonna be a fun, very snowy day . Won’t be shocking to see a few 10” amounts wherever that mesoscale band sets up. Reggie and FV3 have it south and Nam has it north. There’s places in Ohio that have 8-10” . You’ll see that translate east . Enjoy!

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

5 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

2 feet by Feb 8th with another 2 or so on the way isnt enough lol :mapsnow:

Derbys going to be cutting it close...confidence is obviously much higher near say Hfd/Tolland and even extreme south like GON..theres likely going to be a sharp cut off i feel somewhere in the lower 1/3rd of CT. 

It warmed pretty good here yesterday. Our entire driveway melted which was unexpected.  I was being sarcastic though

2 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Must be awful to live there except in the rare instance they do great like 12/19/09. I wonder if we have any members from that area or even new london or stonington, if we do we never hear from them. Closest regular poster i think is metagraphic from Salem but hes well inland and NW.

I am in Waterford right next to Ocean Beach and Harkness! We had 8 the other day and today expect no more than 2! Great place to live but when it comes to snow it can be my Hell on Earth☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I did.  Lol.  But really just for N ORH county.  The eastern stuff is interesting 

The system may try to blow up a little before it exits east so I could see some areas out there getting some enhancement before it ends. Not sure I’d have the confidence to go warnings though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Stormsurge is just off New London on Fishers Island.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The system may try to blow up a little before it exits east so I could see some areas out there getting some enhancement before it ends. Not sure I’d have the confidence to go warnings though. 

Yeah. I saw that on the NAM a bit yesterday when you and Scott mentioned it.