Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tuesday Feb 9th Snow

HoarfrostHubb

50 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Best cross hair sig seems to be up near rt 2 and the NH border...even though they aren’t the QPF Max. Could be a secondary little stripe up there if there is a little band since they might get very good ratios. 

Thats assuming the soundings are accurate which is a big assumption. 

14/4  here currently so if we can get some decent deform should be fluffy fluffington as long as rates are good.

3 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Surprised every one is so quiet on this one? Night before a half foot and barely any posts. Super Bowl hangover? 

Brady destroying doubters + beautiful fresh snowfall + multiple snow threats ahead = 

Perfectenschlag.gif.4981ed3dffa96a452c3a848f6208d6af.gif

It's a Feb 94 pattern. Between heavy work and new baby, struggling to make time to track the train of events... a legit KU would do it.

NAM has been good recently. I like 2-5" for most of SNE, highest amounts along and just north of route 2.

• Like 3

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

Down to 10F now. There difference between here and HVN is astounding right now. almost 20F difference in a few miles from the shoreline

098887Capture.JPG

Uh huh. That’s right. That warm air is right there waiting to come in. Like when I was in my early 20s and I saw the hundreds of roaches lined up under the seam of my mattress, waiting for me to just turn out the lights 

• Confused 1

Final call. Cut down amounts by about an inch and moved the line up slightly north. Snow growth looks pretty terrible in southern CT, may change over to fzdz for a while. Best lift looks to along the northern 4 counties. They're looking good for another solid plowable 3-4" at least. Think this will play out similar to Jan 26-27 (first part). One thing we have going down near the coast is very cold sfc temperatures and plenty of cold at the start should allow everything to stick that does fall thus not looking at white rain scenario this time.

02.08.21_jdj_snowfall_forecast_2.jpg

6 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Final call. Cut down amounts by about an inch and moved the line up slightly north. Snow growth looks pretty terrible in southern CT, may change over to fzdz for a while. Best lift looks to along the northern 4 counties. They're looking good for another solid plowable 3-4" at least. Think this will play out similar to Jan 26-27 (first part). One thing we have going down near the coast is very cold sfc temperatures and plenty of cold at the start should allow everything to stick that does fall thus not looking at white rain scenario this time.

02.08.21_jdj_snowfall_forecast_2.jpg

And to think I started liking you jk... was hoping for more!

Just now, Spaizzo said:

And to think I started liking you jk... was hoping for more!

2 feet by Feb 8th with another 2 or so on the way isnt enough lol :mapsnow:

Derbys going to be cutting it close...confidence is obviously much higher near say Hfd/Tolland and even extreme south like GON..theres likely going to be a sharp cut off i feel somewhere in the lower 1/3rd of CT. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

2 feet by Feb 8th with another 2 or so on the way isnt enough lol :mapsnow:

Derbys going to be cutting it close...confidence is obviously much higher near say Hfd/Tolland and even extreme south like GON..theres likely going to be a sharp cut off i feel somewhere in the lower 1/3rd of CT. 

So you feel better about Groton than you do Derby?