• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs and nowcast Super Bowl Sunday 4A-6P Feb 7, 2021

wdrag

Not sure how much we got here - I'll leave it to the spotters, but I'm guessing between 6 and 8.  A few thoughts:

- A lot of lifetime snow enthusiasts were created today.   Between the "hunkered down for the Super Bowl" mood, and the postcard-like snow, this sort of storm is probably the reason most of us are here.

- The evening sun and bluish sky while it was still snowing (and accumulating) was a first.  I don't know if there's such a thing as a "snowbow", but I thought I was about to find out.

- Usually, regardless of the storm, I feel like the snow never accumulates like I expect it to.  Today was the opposite.  Much of the time the snow looked light, yet it was accumulating before my eyes.

- To Walt and everyone else who started talking about this last Sunday, great job with your reasoned, thorough, enjoyable discussions.  They are much better than I deserve to get for free, that's for sure.  I  only wish I'd asked for your predictions for SB 55.

Have a great night all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

8" here as of 5pm. Still snowing...maybe another tenth or two.  I'll remeasure in a bit.  Back up to 17" on the stake, but it's tilting slightly for some reason :)

Looking forward to being back up north tomorrow. :thumbsup: 

There’s probably 10-12” on the ground in spots here again. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Beautiful pink sunset with the snow sticking to all the trees. Finished with 5.0” here in SW Suffolk. Lost about 1” to rain and melting snow at the start.

That’s shocking. Can’t believe you only got 5.0”. Did you dip below freezing at all? We spent most of the storm at 30. Maybe ratios did it 

Definitely wasn’t a dry snow here, very wet and pasty. Too bad we spent so much time to start accumulating. 90% of what we had came after 12:30pm which is when the band started really going to town. Actually started as rain here in the morning and the first part of the snow was with temps 33-34 so lousy accumulating. 

1 hour ago, wdrag said:

Wantage NJ this part 1.6" YTD 47.4  Snow blowed it out to the sun can unfreeze the melt tomorrow. Monitor fire hydrants and roofs where more than foot accumulated. Back tomorrow. Tough to bet against Brady and Gronk but maybe youth and speed prevails? 

Supporting the old guy, on principle, even though I won't be watching ( not my thing ) but it will be on in the living room as my family has it on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Supporting the old guy, on principle, even though I won't be watching ( not my thing ) but it will be on in the living room as my family has it on.

Duo has a pair. MKC has to limit penalties.  This game could be different. Anyway,  Brady and Gronk are pro's.  We'll see what happens. An injury could be crucial. 

• Like 1