Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs and nowcast Super Bowl Sunday 4A-6P Feb 7, 2021

wdrag

4 minutes ago, Poker2015 said:

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to be under a heavy band of snow for this long...love surprises!!

I just looked at the radar for the first time since 7.  I'll be damned if that band isn't just training right overhead.......If this keeps up for another few hours we'll have over a foot easily

I actually have more surfaces covered in snow than any point during the last storm! The wind just kills ratios and accumulation here right on the Hudson River. I could still see huge swaths of ground during the storm last time because nothing would stick. I’m like 10ft from the river so winds really crank here between the skyscrapers.

31 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The 12z Nam run from yesterday that I posted had the multiple bands.

Yes, a few NAM runs had the banding through NJ. But other NAM runs were way too far west into NEPA. The HRRR also pinpointed it fairly well yesterday for several runs... the warm temps as well. Most everything else was east of NYC, which will end up being mostly correct. 

Just now, Intensewind002 said:

Temperature went from 40 at 9:00 to 33 as of 10:30, which is pretty cool to see (no pun intended lol). Snowing at a pretty good rate too, sadly I can't upload my pics though

Take a screenshot of your pic and then try to upload it here.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

It is amazing how the bands end up further NW than modeled.

NW NJ and the interior LHV are pretty dry. Let's not get carried away. There is a good band just west of I-95. It's moving quickly off to the NE. In the end, the heaviest QPF will be in eastern areas as modeled.