Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Quick Hitter Obs/Nowcast, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

41 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Really? Jetport had 1.7” at 7 and I can’t have much more than that right now.

That was based on a quick eyeballing of an area that had a bit of drifting. Just did a proper measurement - a hair under 3”. I’m about a half mile from Pine Point Beach. (sorry I suck at uploading pics here)

B0947556-FCCE-48BF-9DF7-B3A00AD05633.jpeg.93228fba6b5049f77b833b54046adf32.jpeg

7 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Harwich, MA (5.5") total snow accumulation W.E. had to be at least 1.25".  It was a dense and heavy wet snow that is already melting.  Temp with a high of 41F, and a low of 31F.  Rain started just after 10:00 am and changed over to snow around 12:30 pm.  Snow ended just before 8:00 pm.

Well you didn’t get your 12-16, but five and a half ain’t that bad either.  If you like snow, living out on the ocean isn’t usually a good thing...at least not in SNE.  

You’ll have more shots going forward though. 

54 minutes ago, PWMan said:

That was based on a quick eyeballing of an area that had a bit of drifting. Just did a proper measurement - a hair under 3”. I’m about a half mile from Pine Point Beach. (sorry I suck at uploading pics here)

That fits with our few reports from SoPo and Scarborough.

3 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

this stuff is settling fast! might be the same or less when u get back lol

At 3:28 i took my 2nd to last measurement at 7.9". I cleared a small area (not for measuring the final total but to just see how much new snow fell). When i went to take the final total at like 515 i had 1 tenth more to put me at 8.0" but the space i cleared had at least a half an inch. So another half inch+ fell during two hours time but only added up to .1" on the board on top of what had already fallen. 

Just call it 8.5 good enough 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wife driving, on our way home from sis in laws lol secondary snowstorm from the wind blowing snow out of the trees. Pretty sweet 

this was my favorite storm of the season so far, all day sunrise to sunset storm with puffy fluffy snow sticking to everything!  7" at JFK and 7-8 across much of Long Island

• Like 1

About 6" of slop in total today which definitely creates a nice durable base to work with. Personally, I'd take the 3" of currier and ives type snow we had over two days last week than this type of snowfall. I feel for the plants and trees out there as this stuff sticks to everything like glue, although I'm sure the snow was nicer further inland. On to the next I guess..

5 hours ago, ScottieBird said:

Only 3.5 approximately 8-10 miles down the road near the southern tip of aquidneck Island in Newport. 

sounds about right, we typically do a little better, i was probably a degree or two colder for the duration