Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Quick Hitter Obs/Nowcast, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It panned out better than I anticipated... probably would have been better off sticking with my original map. Thought the area tics would sink it a bit. Didn’t happen

Busting your balls a bit pal...you know how we roll here lol.  You did great there at your location as we thought. 

7.5” here, and 9 plus there...it’s all good. :-). great storm for a lot of folks on top of the biggie 6 days ago.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Busting your balls a bit pal...you know how we roll here lol.  You did great there at your location as we thought. 

7.5” here, and 9 plus there...it’s all good. :-). great storm for a lot of folks on top of the biggie 6 days ago.  

His map was a total rip and read combo of snow maps and nothing else. When they started slashing , he did the same ... and then he told folks their ships were sinking. So we look toward and forward to a posted map picture and then final PNS to see how verification looked vs map

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Heres some of the reports so far from sifting through the last 10 pages and BDL/BDR official. Ill do a final map tomorrow once all the reports are updated. 

BDL - 2.6"/0.24" 11:1 ratio

BDR - 7.4"/0.48" 15:1 ratio

02_07.21_jdj_snowfall_totals.thumb.jpg.e8ab7c53bff5476a37b3215a59772d5e.jpg

okxCapture.thumb.JPG.69395c3c4bf09b848fb971fb6aa9d574.JPGALYCapture.JPG.a6ae48fbe69646be0a8f0515ff3a646f.JPGboxCapture.JPG.1da6dcaa3cc9a5e6c160df15b58e9df1.JPGNECapture.thumb.JPG.40d93f580daeac6a5f15876b13ff860c.JPG

Someone on aquidneck island is telling porky pies.

1 minute ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Big difference here. It must've been like 7 or 8:1. At least that's what my back thinks after doing the driveway

Yea, temps down on Cape never really dropped below 33/34 during the storm. Made it impossible to maintain strong ratios that may have existed aloft. 

1 hour ago, Hazey said:

Snow stated little more than two hours ago. Already 3.5” down. Heavy snow with little wind. Great snow growth. Seems to be the theme of this system. Haven’t even got into the meat of the storm yet. Impressive and worth the wait.

#NovaScotiaStrong

Yes indeed very heavy snow bands to come too. 

1 hour ago, PWMan said:

Nothing crazy here rate-wise, but it’s been steady since mid-afternoon & accumulating pretty efficiently this evening. We’ve done better things Han I expected as of early afternoon. Eyeballing maybe 4-5”?? Nice little event.

Really? Jetport had 1.7” at 7 and I can’t have much more than that right now.