• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Quick Hitter Obs/Nowcast, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

6"+ here. On top of the  12-15"  left over from the last two storms, it looks nice. 27/26. light to moderate snow now here. Looks like the end of it is on us now. Any amounts for those who were under that band? Gotta be more than twice what we got  here. Glad for them. Happy for us. A nice white layer must practically cover New England from top to bottom.

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What do they average at IJD? I don’t know for sure.. but I’m guessing maybe 30”? What is your average?

I’ve looked at various maps for ct average snowfall. On those maps, it shows 40-50 inches but that is 1960-1990 mostly. With climate changes and topography accounted for, 32-38 inches would be realistic nowadays.

But as I’ve pointed out in the past when you have a small shallow valley surrounded by higher areas, the orographic benefits still spill over into said lower areas to some extent.

It’s why Donner lake in a valley in the eastern Sierra at 6000 feet, does much better for snow than the 6000 foot elevation Mustang VOR station which is a peak in the Pah Rah Range, a lower elevation range in the Lee of the Sierra, surrounded by valleys. 

Willi easily gets 80 per cent more annual snow than Grotondoes 

• Like 1