Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Quick Hitter Obs/Nowcast, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ll kindly disagree . They were the only output showing the heavy Banding farther west. Everything else had SE Mass as ground zero. You even had Mets this morning saying “ take em down” “ we downgrade “ etc. Globals were putrid 

Warnings to NH was a little wild, they were right to take 'em down. Overcorrected though.

Honestly blending the NAM with the drier guidance was the way to go overall. Take the NAM alone and it's going to be too wet. But I honestly think the mid levels were always pointing to a nice NYC to Pike band. Check the receipts, I don't think I ever harshed your buzz on higher totals for KTOL.

23 minutes ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

Riding the line here, just a bit too far NW for the heavy but steady and moderate bursts.  

I feel ya man..., vis down but growth has been far from stellar here, minus a few bursts here and there... just over 2" since 0945, closing in on the 3" I thought... amazing NWS had me at 6 less than 24 hours ago, only if I was 20 miles south, congrats those under that band that's now pivoting, looks like perhaps some double digit totals under that when done

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, H2Otown_WX said:

Nah, that's all we have here man, I'm putting those SNINCRs in lol. We had 0.5 and 0.6 the last two hours.

:lol: Awesome.  So you get a SNINCR 1 for anything over 0.5"?  For some reason I thought you had to get to 1" or more to get that.  And 2" or more to get the 2, etc.  I just saw the depth go from 6 to 7 and then 7 to 8.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Man, that band in Norfolk county right now. I’m on the northern edge of it and absolutely ripping again but it must be 3” per hour stuff in the heart of it. 

image.gif.0594deba85f16bbcd8d92181e1dc3bae.gif

The goods are tantalizingly close.  Seems to be inching north.  Hopefully it doesn't consolidate back south

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

:lol: Awesome.  So you get a SNINCR 1 for anything over 0.5"?  For some reason I thought you had to get to 1" or more to get that.  And 2" or more to get the 2, etc.  I just saw the depth go from 6 to 7 and then 7 to 8.

It's 0.5" or more and the depth has to increase by a whole inch. So like if you got 0.6 and your depth went from 6.7 to 7.3 then  you wouldn't report it.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Warnings to NH was a little wild, they were right to take 'em down. Overcorrected though.

Honestly blending the NAM with the drier guidance was the way to go overall. Take the NAM alone and it's going to be too wet. But I honestly think the mid levels were always pointing to a nice NYC to Pike band. Check the receipts, I don't think I ever harshed your buzz on higher totals for KTOL.

Lol .. not you no. I didn’t mean you. The guilty know who they are. I was bullish on 4-8” statewide based on exactly what you just stated.  If one looked past snow maps and looked at fronto and forcing one could see that being signaled the last couple days. I thought the NAM (while having some high outputs) and the HREF mean showed the overall idea the best. These coastals almost always have that . I just think overall it was a pretty poor performance by the globals as a whole. I’m enjoying the beer out of this today! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol .. not you no. I didn’t mean you. The guilty know who they are. I was bullish on 4-8” statewide based on exactly what you just stated.  If one looked past snow maps and looked at fronto and forcing one could see that being signaled. These coastals almost always have that . I just think overall it was a pretty poor performance by the globals as a whole. I’m enjoying the beer out of this today! 

Look at the tweet, the overlays are such a good match for a lateral quasi-stationary band. Definitely going to see some totals higher than 8" in CT.