Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Additional 1-5" snow mostly North of I80 Tuesday Feb 9

wdrag

6 hours ago, HVSnowLover said:

bust, poor modeling on this. Sunday was a positive bust  You win some you lose some.

Nope, today was spot on. Upton had me at 2-4 and got 3.5. This was also forecasted to be a much shorter duration, it has been snowing for 11.5 hours now and never went above 28*. Sunday was a good bust and the big storm was the best bust in years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Nope, today was spot on. Upton had me at 2-4 and got 3.5. This was also forecasted to be a much shorter duration, it has been snowing for 11.5 hours now and never went above 28*. Sunday was a good bust and the big storm was the best bust in years. 

For your area maybe but definitely it was a bust for some. i was predicted to get 1-3 inches and did not see one flake today, i actually can't remember this bad of a bust in a while.  

• Rjay unpinned this topic

CoCoRaHS snowfall for the 9th (final added 1043A), Virtually no qpf occurred just s of I78 in NJ to LI and that nixed the snowfall opportunity from there northward into ne NJ and far southeast NYS - far southern CT (QPF forecast problem that I wouldn't have forecast). Max bullseye snowfall was ne PA into se NYS...well ensembled [3-5"]. Then 1-2" occurred near or just n of I78 in e PA-nw NJ and southern CT. Some spotty icing occurred LI/coastal NJ and especially ne NJ into extreme se NYS and s CT, but limited impact. 

Screen_Shot_2021-02-10_at_10_35.57_AM.png

• Thanks 1