Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Super Bowl Sunday Snow Show

Stovepipe

1 minute ago, John1122 said:

I figured you'd have 2-3 inches at least. I wonder if you were downsloped in the same way that NE areas were expected to be downsloped.  Cross Mtn/Frozenhead runs similarly from SW to NE.

We had the dreaded S winds as the sun set up here last night. It did feel a little colder than last night though. The downslope could have been a part of it, but I suspect it was a boundary layer warm nose that was banking up against the plateau. I know that sounds weird, but the Hi Res models were showing me just barely on the edge of it. 

NAM 3km (just as an example of what I was worried about):

BWL9966.png

Just heard on the News a report of 4 inches in Wartburg. I may drive up that way later this AM to see where the line ended up being. 

This was a flop for me.  The radar is dying and I am at at maybe .2 of an inch of wet slop on the grass.  I do not think I had snow fall without rain mixed in at any time throughout the night.  Congrats to all who saw snow.  It would be a miracle if we could get a good general snow for the whole area like i remember as a child.  Growing up it happened quite often.  It now seems like such an extremely rare event.

41 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

We had the dreaded S winds as the sun set up here last night. It did feel a little colder than last night though. The downslope could have been a part of it, but I suspect it was a boundary layer warm nose that was banking up against the plateau. I know that sounds weird, but the Hi Res models were showing me just barely on the edge of it. 

NAM 3km (just as an example of what I was worried about):

BWL9966.png

Just heard on the News a report of 4 inches in Wartburg. I may drive up that way later this AM to see where the line ended up being. 

I-75 was virtually impassable at mm 130 with nothing at 129, which is Rocky Top. That's been a snow line for a ton of similar storms in my life. You may have solved the why for me with that post. 

• Like 1

All we managed in Ooltewah was a dusting. The ground was white but not completely covered. These pics are from Signal Mtn, not Ooltewah.

The only snow now is spotty in yards and a few rooftops and cars.

Almost 1 year to the day of last years February 8th surprise 3-4" we managed to get. That was a heavy, wet snow and by 1pm it was completely gone.

Hopefully this little dusting is a precursor for bigger things down the road.

Congrats to everyone outside the Chattanooga area who got snow. My son-in-law sent me these pictures from his Signal Mtn home a few minutes ago. Looks like they managed a little over 1".

I edited to add the 2 pitiful pictures I just took at our house to show how snow starved we are. . This is all that remains here.

ce76630670cb238eaccbd342ed6ba8ce.jpg&key=d0dda88f338693297db773389a84d0619af8b9cfccec08985858478f5d4471116ff5bd47d7ebc2734bdb6dd00ca30aa9.jpg&key=3ca6bd0479f12bf7292cb0f3f5c481db834bfe7a48c3d1803807cf3021826dce

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

d01bcce4655fb35265973bdb1f7744b2.jpgabafcfe64a7e11af86afb3b195231716.jpg

• Like 5