• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Super Bowl Sunday Snow Show

Stovepipe

The coldest winter i have ever spent was in a little apartment going to MTSU in Cookeville.   It snowed 23 inches that year.  It was crazy.  I am not completely sure about the total (very close)but the schools were out of session over 2 weeks.

9 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

Looks like it just switched over in Cookevile (Elevation about 1000ft)

https://putnamcountytn.gov/cookeville-live-square

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, fountainguy97 said:

3 consecutive minutes gusting to 29mph here.again a very sheltered station. Could be 35-40mph. Driving rain/snow mix.  Was not expecting this type of wind event. 

Thanks for the wind obs. That's basically what I was referring to in my post from earlier today with the sounding showing a wind profile matching what you'd normally expect from a downslope event.  

I just looked at the 925mb winds (correlation with downslope winds), and the RAP starts to diminish the SE flow at that level after 06z. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

[mention=11228]ShawnEastTN[/mention] is it doing anything? Haven’t seen him on either, must be sharing a beer with Holston.
Interestingly enough my temp has begun falling quickly, 20 minutes ago was 40 now 35 raining at a good clip with maybe a few partially melted flakes mixing in. Heavier precip is crashing the temp nicely.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2