• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Super Bowl Sunday Snow Show

Stovepipe

I know we are just nitpicking the details, because that's what we do, but latest HRRR shows the change over happening an hour sooner than previous run, at least for central valley.

Wouldn’t that be the case every time it ran though? Or are you saying it actually went from 2am to 1am (example)?

12 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Good luck, they are as conservative as they come.

Yeah, I know. Just stressing the unbelievable aspect of that by them. Just amazing inlight of the overwhelming Data support. Should have already been a watch earler. I mean, what good is those type of advisories if not used ahead of time.

• Like 2

Can anyone explain why MRX and media outlets are showing lower totals compared to like every model suite since 12z? Ground too warm possibly?

Because no one cares if they call for 1” and we get 5 but the common fan will lose their mind if it’s the other way around.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MattPetrulli said:

Can anyone explain why MRX and media outlets are showing lower totals compared to like every model suite since 12z? Ground too warm possibly?

Borderline temps most likely, leading to them just not being sure. 1 degree will have huge consequences. 

The ground itself is no issue. It was well below freezing across the area this morning, it didn't get very warm. It's dark. Rates should be heavy. We are in the middle of prime snow climo for Tennessee. If snow falls it will stick. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1