• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Super Bowl Sunday Snow Show

Stovepipe

Kind of nervous about temps here in the valley and dry slotting. Not really feeling it to be honest. Seems any time I have to worry about that it means some snow TV and a patchy dusting at best. I would love to be wrong but climatology usually wins at the end of the day. Mountains and plateau will get theirs. 

13 minutes ago, Silas Lang said:

Kind of nervous about temps here in the valley and dry slotting. Not really feeling it to be honest. Seems any time I have to worry about that it means some snow TV and a patchy dusting at best. I would love to be wrong but climatology usually wins at the end of the day. Mountains and plateau will get theirs. 

Seems like TYS has been on or near that line all winter for several events. 

• Like 1

I thought this was interesting in terms of seeing how it plays out tonight. GFS sounding near Greene County. The sounding suggests snow, but the wind profile is more consistent with a downslope event. An unusual situation. I have a hard time believing that would actually be snow in my area at that time with that wind profile, but that's what it shows. After that, the wind shifts and downslope stops being an issue. 

2021020612_GFS_018_36.1,-82.86_severe_ml.png

• Like 4

MRX will either jump on the Euro and we'll see advisories in the valley or they call it an outlier and double-down on virtually nothing on the ground from morristown down the valley. With temps way under what was originally expected I think that will have a huge impact on increased chances of valley accumulation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Unless the are gonna ride the Australian or Somalian models...think MRX will update the plateau/valley 40 north)

MRX’s last disco before the Christmas Eve event they literally said they would lean on the SREF for their accumulation forecast when it was the obvious rogue model. They came back the next day with something even more ridiculous. They said the official amount at TYS was 2” even though they said there was at least 3-4” on the ground but some had melted off.

A little selective editing with regards to what @shawneastTN said.  This is most likely the reality.  MRX will call it an outlier and double-down on virtually nothing on the ground from morristown down the valley.  This in turn I think will have a huge impact on increased chances of valley accumulation. Do I need a sarc. tag?

• Like 2