SnowHabit
Super Bowl Sunday Snow Show

Stovepipe

Just now, TellicoWx said:

Poor MRX, soon as they mention the NAM warm nose by name, it spits this out lol

especially the NAM
show a significant warm nose that protrudes varying distances north
for several hours. 

I'm most baffled by their statement that there isn't model consensus for the event. It's literally on every single model, the only inconsistency in the modeling is probably from Athens south. They are issuing a Winter Weather Advisory, continuing their very long tradition of not issuing a Winter Storm Warning outside the mountains unless circumstances are just slam dunk dire. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I'm most baffled by their statement that there isn't model consensus for the event. It's literally on every single model, the only inconsistency in the modeling is probably from Athens south. They are issuing a Winter Weather Advisory, continuing their very long tradition of not issuing a Winter Storm Warning outside the mountains unless circumstances are just slam dunk dire. 

I honestly don't get any part of their Afd for tonight, seems like they made every statement possible as to why not to issue anything outside their normal areas. 6z HRRR looks off to me..if it's downsloping, then NC side doesn't add up. While I think the 6z NAM is overdone (although their is support from several 0z GEFS members), I don't see anything to argue against winter products I-40 north and plateau west.

12z GFS has a definite uptick in snow accumulation - both Kuchera and non-Kuchera.  The 12z suite across the board has seen a slight uptick in general - so far.

Something I was thinking about.... with the overcast sky and temps in the valley running behind schedule, I’m wondering if the mods are picking up on surface temps getting trapped in the valley and staying below what the mods were saying?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PowellVolz said:

Something I was thinking about.... with the overcast sky and temps in the valley running behind schedule, I’m wondering if the mods are picking up on surface temps getting trapped in the valley and staying below what the mods were saying?

Not sure.  Would have to check. I just assumed it was a slight increase in the qpf.

• Like 1