Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/6/-2/7 Snow Threat

wncsnow

51 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

I'm calling it 2.5 inches for MBY.
Beautiful snowfall from about 9:30 until...
I went to bed around 1:00 and it was still snowing nicely.
Such a pleasant surprise from what usually happens: We busted high!

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

I measure 2.75" in Newton last  night then we had a band of sleet and drizzle once we lost the best precip and lift. Probably good 1.5" after compaction and melting. 

• Like 1

Eden, NC:
Temp and dew point both at 33.4 and rain with a rogue flake here and there. My approximately 0.25" of snow has been mostly erased by the 0.28" of rain.
The attached picture is from a friend in Maggie Valley.[mention=16706]Jessy89[/mention] enjoy the beautiful day!8004e0f92d63ebf2bdae02d255df0bf4.jpg&key=5ff6c4cecc90a16942fbe5e7ce84ee2157e5d24ba2d4fe9366888b88ced6da5d

Maggie valley is one of those places that are beautiful in the snow. It never gets old coming here for snow.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, burrel2 said:

Dumping parachutes again here. The last hoorah! Right at 2 inches on the ground

Great Job yesterday Burrel!!! Not sure if you watched it last night it was so funny watching KK on Fox making up excuse after excuse for their busted forecast. Kept going on and on about the warm nose this and the warm nose that.... Actually going outside in between live shots to come back and say just like I told you the mix has already started said she saw rain mixing in outside. Then the other met I think he name is Bob said well I see nothing but snowflakes coming down. It was hilarious.. LOL...Great Job as usual Burrel!!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NorthernUpstateSC said:

Great Job yesterday Burrel!!! Not sure if you watched it last night it was so funny watching KK on Fox making up excuse after excuse for their busted forecast. Kept going on and on about the warm nose this and the warm nose that.... Actually going outside in between live shots to come back and say just like I told you the mix has already started said she saw rain mixing in outside. Then the other met I think he name is Bob said well I see nothing but snowflakes coming down. It was hilarious.. LOL...Great Job as usual Burrel!!!

Lol, yea it was funny watching them backtrack. I by no means knew we were gonna get dumped on for sure... but the possibility was clearly there, and it’s something tv Mets and the nws should have recognized and communicated, imo. 

• Like 1

c76e3aae8c6af912d6edb7ecc584306e.jpg
b027d484d1f1c23db0f9b8e031ff4233.jpg

Almost home now. but I had one more thing to do. to truly make this trip a success. Went up on soco mountain for some good sledding I’m guessing they had 5 inches up there possibly 6 before melting. My little boys went down so many times the poor sled broke lol had a blast

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jessy89 said:

c76e3aae8c6af912d6edb7ecc584306e.jpg
b027d484d1f1c23db0f9b8e031ff4233.jpg

Almost home now. but I had one more thing to do. to truly make this trip a success. Went up on soco mountain for some good sledding I’m guessing they had 5 inches up there possibly 6 before melting. My little boys went down so many times the poor sled broke lol had a blast

That is one of the best spots for snow. They do well will flow snow and Miller A

• Like 1

HRRR for the first time in the last two winters for me proved it wasn't absolutely useless for winter events. Even more surprising for me was the long lead times it did so at, with little to no wavering on its idea. It kicked the NAMs butt yesterday after what had been, at least for my back yard at least, 2 years of dominance from the NAM over the HRRR.

Seems to me it clearly had a better handle on the dry air at the surface strengthening the wedge to hold off the warm nose longer and on the intense band with the 700mbar frontogenesis, which I noted on Friday night the NAM was consistently weakening for some unknown reason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, burrel2 said:

Lol, yea it was funny watching them backtrack. I by no means knew we were gonna get dumped on for sure... but the possibility was clearly there, and it’s something tv Mets and the nws should have recognized and communicated, imo. 

You should apply for the weekend weather person at WYFF since Dale Gilbert retired. Been on here for a while and whenever the Upstate has a chance at winter weather, look forward to your input! Excellent point many mets had to see the potential but chose not even to mention.

You should apply for the weekend weather person at WYFF since Dale Gilbert retired. Been on here for a while and whenever the Upstate has a chance at winter weather, look forward to your input! Excellent point many mets had to see the potential but chose not even to mention.

Well to be fair Chris justices forecast was 1-2 in northern upstate that area got 2-4. But along the 85 corridor they got a inch in some places a little more. Chris did say the max if everything came together just right was 3 inches. Chris justice did bust a little for the upstate but the national weather service at GSP bust worst.

I measure 2.75" in Newton last  night then we had a band of sleet and drizzle once we lost the best precip and lift. Probably good 1.5" after compaction and melting. 
Yeah, I had 1.5 when I measured this morning. But I had 2+ when I went to bed, and it was still snowing good. Thus, my total of 2.5 inches. Might've been more, but can't say with any certainty.

37 minutes ago, Jessy89 said:

Well to be fair Chris justices forecast was 1-2 in northern upstate that area got 2-4. But along the 85 corridor they got a inch in some places a little more. Chris did say the max if everything came together just right was 3 inches. Chris justice did bust a little for the upstate but the national weather service at GSP bust worst.

Totally agree! I would add Fox 21 along with brad panovich in NC. I like Chris and also Cedric think they did a great job with this system. 

• Like 2

I too agree with those saying that overall, Chris and Cedric did a good job with this system. For those that say otherwise, they were not really listening to everything they said in their forecasts. Chris and Cedric are an exceptional weather team for the Upstate. We are lucky to have a great team at WYFF. We are also lucky to have the NWS, but they did blow it this time, almost to the point of being arrogant, which is unlike those good folks. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I had 1.5 when I measured this morning. But I had 2+ when I went to bed, and it was still snowing good. Thus, my total of 2.5 inches. Might've been more, but can't say with any certainty.

Looking at our cameras in southern Caldwell we had the most on the ground around 12:30am where it looked like 2-3” with roads solid white. It was a constant melt fest from there on even with snow falling. By 4am roads were clear and it looked like 1-2” on grass/vehicle. All gone by noon. In summary, the HRRR nailed the best orientation of the heaviest precipitation. Was high on kuchera maps and didn’t factor in the melting too well but I’m pleasantly surprised with its performance. Pics at 12:15am 17d2e220f5ae64be535de59e87673c42.jpg
  • Like 2